ISU ranked #25

I think you may have read a bit much into my post and substituted your own reality.

If you think beating an average Minnesota team at home is equivalent to beating a good TCU team on the road, then I can't help you.

I think the point people are making is TCU down a QB and RB is an average team. Nothing to get worked up about, you can't control injuries/suspensions, and you have to play the team on the field. Good win for ISU.

TCU booted about 15-20 guys from team that were involved in the drug bust. They have serious attrition. Hence why so many freshmen play for them.

It was more like 5-8 people and what does that have to do with the team ISU faced? Should ISU have held out Knott and Klein to counter balance thier so called attrition? Line em up and play with what you got. We beat them move on to Kstate.

TCU booted about 15-20 guys from team that were involved in the drug bust. They have serious attrition. Hence why so many freshmen play for them.

Only 4 football players were kicked off of the team for that drug bust, but yes, they've had some attrition. Something in the 20 player range in the last 18 months-ish.

I think the point people are making is TCU down a QB and RB is an average team. Nothing to get worked up about, you can't control injuries/suspensions, and you have to play the team on the field. Good win for ISU.
Hey, I agree with that, but the assertion earlier here was that Iowa's Minny win was just as good. It wasn't.

A win is a win. All ISU wins are good for Iowa right now. Just the way it is. Not sure what the outcome of Iowa -v ISU would be in November, but we've already played, and that too is the way it is.

a very good source who handicaps the entire season before it started.

Kansas State -7.5 at Iowa State
Iowa State at Oklahoma State -19
Baylor -3.5 at Iowa State
Oklahoma -20 at Iowa State
Iowa State at Texas -21
Iowa State -4 at Kansas
West Virginia -10 at Iowa State

Even if this guy is off by 3-7 points (normally he's pretty spot on both predicting the spread then betting it) -for what it's worth they are only favored in one more game. I see 2 or 3 more wins. OKST, Baylor, and Kansas. They win 2 of those for sure, maybe 3.

ISU starting 16 seniors. It's going to be OK - they beat us by 3 points and we were driving for the winning score.

The difference in the two programs is not great

Im proud of ISU, and like usual, every win they get makes our loss to them better both in perception & in the computers. I am not upset that we have a great counterpart in the state. Last time ISU was worth anything Iowa went on a pretty good run '01-'05 - Lets hope that happens again, and honestly it will. Just be patient.

NO TRUE HAWKEYE FAN would say that. Remember in the days of old when the announcer would give a half time score. Nebby 52 ISU 0....Kinnick would rock!?

The aura of Kirk is infecting the fans. It's only ISU...who cares. The players don't.

OK then. We really don't care much about strength of schedule, cuz we really don't need to make a bowl, and the extra practice it allows for. I stand corrected.

And what is seemingly lost in all of this is that ISU was essentially playing their backup QB as well.

NO TRUE HAWKEYE FAN would say that. Remember in the days of old when the announcer would give a half time score. Nebby 52 ISU 0....Kinnick would rock!?

The aura of Kirk is infecting the fans. It's only ISU...who cares. The players don't.

My brother-in-law played DT for ISU. Iowa's success seems to be correlative to ISU's. When their good- we're typically good or at our best. Just look at Alabama and Auburn its not a bad thing to have a healthy rivalry. OU Texas..... The list could go on.

And what is seemingly lost in all of this is that ISU was essentially playing their backup QB as well.

LOL......Barnett should have been the starter since he took over last year....The infallible Rhoads was playing the wrong QB, and probably cost them the win against Tech.

LOL......Barnett should have been the starter since he took over last year....The infallible Rhoads was playing the wrong QB, and probably cost them the win against Tech.
That remains to be seen, but you may be right. Barnett has many deficiencies, but the guys sure seem to play for him.

Careful there vogs! So you are saying that the hawks have lost 2 years in a row to the ISU backup? What would have happened if Barnett suited up against the hawks? Would they have been blowouts? BTW, there is a halfway decent chance that you will owe me $200 at seasons end. I like my chances!:p

What 3 do you see? If ISU wins 3 games than they are much better than I thought they were.

I'm glad Iowa doesn't play that schedule Holy COW!! I can assure you Iowa would win 1 and that 1 isn't a gimmie because Kansas is on the road..

Sat, Oct 13 Kansas State (Family Weekend) *Ames, Iowa 11:00 a.m.FX
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Sat, Oct 20 at Oklahoma State *Stillwater, Okla. TBA
spacer.gif
Sat, Oct 27 Baylor (Homecoming) *Ames, Iowa TBA
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Sat, Nov 03 Oklahoma *Ames, Iowa TBA
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Sat, Nov 10 at Texas *Austin, Texas TBA
spacer.gif
Sat, Nov 17 at Kansas *Lawrence, Kan. TBA
spacer.gif
Fri, Nov 23 West Virginia *Ames, Iowa 2:30 p.m.ABC
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

I only see one win on that schedule, against Kansas.

Don't discount ISU's defense. They aren't as bad as many Iowa fans seem to think. the Big 12 has virtually no defense, and ISU will surprise some of the favorites.

I think you may have read a bit much into my post and substituted your own reality.

If you think beating an average Minnesota team at home is equivalent to beating a good TCU team on the road, then I can't help you.

By beating a team missing their starting QB and RB. If they won't let us boast our win against Minny they sure as hell don't get credit for beating a weakened TCU.

I don't think he meant that the teams were on the same level. He meant that Cy fans were downplaying Iowa's win because Minn didn't have their starting QB, but are now saying that it doesn't matter that TCU is missing their top QB. Didn't say anything about the historic nature of the wins. Just the same situation with the QB.

Latest posts