ISU/OU Loser will be sweating on Sunday

Both teams even with a loss have a better resume than most of the bubble teams. They are fine and in

Give it up dude

Give what up?
OU is definitely a bubble team now. Sorry I wasnt impressed with the March 9th loss to RPI 236 TCU

RPI of 43 with signature wins over OKState and Kansas. It's a lock.

Sorry, Iowa isn't taking their spot no matter how hard you attempt to argue it.

1. Several teams will have the opportunity to take their spot
2. 20 wins, 3 RPI top 50 wins is that impressive
3. Im sick of clown trolls. Why dont you boycott something, you can start with this website.

1. Several teams will have the opportunity to take their spot
2. 20 wins, 3 RPI top 50 wins is that impressive
3. Im sick of clown trolls. Why dont you boycott something, you can start with this website.

Noone robbed us this week. Boycotts on hold.

RPI of 43 with signature wins over OKState and Kansas. It's a lock.

Sorry, Iowa isn't taking their spot no matter how hard you attempt to argue it.

Another case of how f'd up the rpi is.
The Big 12 is rated 5th or 6th in the rpi for conferences.
Oklahoma does not have a good out of conference win..
They lost to Gonzaga by 25 on a neutral court. They also lost to Arkansas. Aside from those 2 teams, they played a bunch of average teams. How in the hell is their rpi so good?
Illinois, the 8th seed in the BIG, won by double digits, AT Gonzaga.

Oklahoma should be squarely on the bubble. Hell, Minnesota has better wins than Oklahoma & they should not get in either.

Iowa beats a top 10 like MSU, and that puts Oklahoma in a precarious spot. Cause our top wins (WI and hopefully MSU) would be every bit as good as OK's.

My only comment on the ISU game was "Hoiberg played 10 NBA seasons and was in the huddle with some of the best coaches in the NBA. He'll definitely have a play drawn up coming out of the time out". Not taking anything away from ISU, but I hate the commentators that have the mentality that just because a coach played in the NBA they're a genius. Not taking anything away from Hoiberg, but the fact he spent 10 years in the NBA doesn't mean anything when it comes to coaching the college game.

I'm sure the selection committee gives a **** what you are and aren't impressed with.

OU is a lock.

images

My only comment on the ISU game was "Hoiberg played 10 NBA seasons and was in the huddle with some of the best coaches in the NBA. He'll definitely have a play drawn up coming out of the time out". Not taking anything away from ISU, but I hate the commentators that have the mentality that just because a coach played in the NBA they're a genius. Not taking anything away from Hoiberg, but the fact he spent 10 years in the NBA doesn't mean anything when it comes to coaching the college game.

Agreed. I get sick of hearing that kind of stuff. I would expect that all to taper off over the next few years.

Well given he had absolutely no college, high school coaching experience, i would think in this particular instance the comments are more applicable..Clearly the guy learned how to coach from somebody, and I think guys like Larry Brown, Larry Bird, and other taught him a lot.

But as someone else mentioned, eventually it will taper off if Hoiberg continues to field competitive teams.

Well in this case the announcers actually knew what they were talking about and you would be wrong. Hoiberg was number 1 in the entire nation in efficiency out of a timeout last season by a large margin so I think what he learned in the NBA is quite clearly being put to use.

From CNNSI:

4. After-Timeout Efficiency King: Fred Hoiberg, Iowa State
So much for the concerns about Hoiberg having zero coaching experience prior to being hired by ISU: He was the game's best timeout tactician this season, even ahead of well-established coaches such as Thad Matta and Calipari. I ran strength-of-schedule adjustments on Synergy Sports Technology's After-Timeout Efficiency data, and the Cyclones ranked No. 1 at 1.093 adjusted points per possession, followed by Ohio State at 1.066 and Kentucky at 1.019. While the Buckeyes and Wildcats had top-10 overall offenses, the Cyclones ranked 23rd, making their national-best ATO figures even more significant.
The entire adjusted-ATO top 10: 1) Iowa State, 2) Ohio State, 3) Kentucky, 4) Colorado State, 5) Rider, 6) Indiana, 7) Belmont, 8) Creighton, 9) Duke, 10) Wichita State. (Smart hire of Tim Miles from Colorado State, Nebraska. Dude can coach.)

Read More: John Calipari, Steve Prohm among SI.com's coaching award honorees - Luke Winn - SI.com

Ou wasn't even close to the bubble before the loss, the aren't going to be on it after losing to a top 50 team.

Latest posts