ISU football selling points

BergHawk7

What is Pollard selling? Coming off a 3-9 season which included the most lopsided defeat in school history agisnt Baylor, almost everyone coming back from that embarassing yr, expecting maybe at most 4 wins, I just dont get it. Hes selling a turd but making it looks shiny and new, but in the end its still a turd.

Pollard was on the murph and andy show yesterday and he mentioned that many fans dont want to miss the "next big moment", or "a first at ISU". They wanna see another Ok.St. moment

If Teh Maywhore can do it on the hardwood, Paw Woads can do it on the gridiron. And Pullhard and CyClownNation would be so pwoud.

That's the only selling point I got.

What is Pollard selling? Coming off a 3-9 season which included the most lopsided defeat in school history agisnt Baylor, almost everyone coming back from that embarassing yr, expecting maybe at most 4 wins, I just dont get it. Hes selling a turd but making it looks shiny and new, but in the end its still a turd.

Pollard was on the murph and andy show yesterday and he mentioned that many fans dont want to miss the "next big moment", or "a first at ISU". They wanna see another Ok.St. moment

Does it matter what Pollard is selling? When you are selling to dimwits you can get them to buy into anything.

Does it matter what Pollard is selling? When you are selling to dimwits you can get them to buy into anything.

exactly. folly and paw have them eating right from their hands. they obviously like the orchestrated meathead yelling moments. pwoud and out.

That's exactly why fans continue to show up. Iowa can't sell that because they've already done all that before.

He could sell prospective players on their need for help especially defensive players after giving up 38 points a game

big selling point...

Every spring, there's a week of organized dumpster fires to take attention away from (or perhaps celebrate) the dumpster fire which is ISU football.

That's support from your admin and student body, right there.

Buddy of mine told me that last week on the front page of douc he bag fanatic( otherwise known as cyclonefanatic) there were three lead stories. One was a story that actually hyped up the momentum they have in football. And the one right after it was an article about how some analyst had predicted them to go winless in the conference this year. I don't think you could make up that type of gold.

Umm...you guys know they got that kid from Urbandale, right? Judging from the tone of this thread, I think you all have forgotten!

I think the real question is how nervous is Pollard, Rhoads and ISU about the SEZ? They are already spinning and spinning and spinning away to the dullards know as ISU fans to pump up a pathetic product. Now add in another 3, 4 or 5 win season, increased ticket prices (no more $99 season tickets) and an additional 6K-9K tickets to sell for each game. Something tells me the full on ISU cult indoctrination (or marketing) will continue for the next 13 months.

Money is the great equalizer. ISU has not been able to keep up for 30-40 years. With the new TV contracts ISU has more money than ever. In my view Pollard is using it very wisely. He is also slowly but surely converting Des Moines area to ISU fans from Iowa formerly.

The only way for ISU students to get season tix to hoops is to buy season tix for football

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=899231

They also have a smaller stadium...and tailgating is a holy grail for a lot of folks; only seven saturdays a year. Even if it's not a great product, it can still be a great time.

By the way, that is smart marketing, IMO

Is this even legal? Can you require that a person by a separate product before they can purchase something totally unrelated?

Is this even legal? Can you require that a person by a separate product before they can purchase something totally unrelated?

Im sure a division 1 athletic department would know if a ticket promotion is legal or not before moving forward with it.

And yes I'm being sarcastic before the hundreds of momentum filled cyclone trolls jump in on this...and you a s s holes know who you are.

Money is the great equalizer. ISU has not been able to keep up for 30-40 years. With the new TV contracts ISU has more money than ever. In my view Pollard is using it very wisely. He is also slowly but surely converting Des Moines area to ISU fans from Iowa formerly.

Not true. Everyone has their own opinion though. I live in Des Moines and I see no such thing. I know ISU fans like to claim this is happening, but the ratio of Hawk fans to Cyclone fans has not changed. I just flew to Tampa and back last week, and between my flights I encountered at least a dozen people wearing Hawkeye gear, and only saw one guy wearing Iowa State clothing. I know that's not a fair study for statistical reasons because it was only two flights from Des Moines to Tampa and back, but I was quite surprised.

I think the only thing that has changed is that Cyclone fans are a little bit more apt to attend their games and wear their gear. It started with some of the momentum Rhoads built in his first couple years (Okie State win was huge), and then right when his momentum started to fade Hoiberg began to turn their basketball program around. Because of these things they are more "pwoud" to display their colors, where as before it was just kind of embarrassing to admit you were a Cyclone. I honestly don't think the numbers themselves have changed much at all.

Latest posts