ISU finishes at 2-10

Toledo, Kansas, TT and a win or two out of this group(NDSU, Texas, WVU, KSU).

Bottom line, as an Iowa fan I want Rhoads to be the coach because their ceiling will be 6 wins. On the other hand, if I were a ISU fan I would want KF to remain HC; as long as he is HC the series remains a rivalry. ISU fan worst nightmare is a coach who would put boot to throat; a guy who would want to just dominate Iowa St.

I wonder if the board of regents have their hands on this... sounds fishy

Many are giving the Big12 too much credit. It was a pretty garbage league this year. Good at the top (Baylor and TCU). Ok with KSU and Oklahoma, and then really very average to terrible after that. I'm not saying that the B1G was killer or anything, but the Big12 was hardly some great league way tougher than the B1G this year.

# of teams with greater than .500 winning %

Pac12 8 (67% of league)
SEC 8 (57% of league)
B1G 8 (57% of league)
ACC 7 (50% of league)
Big12 5 (50% of league)

If Ferentz had an "attack on offense" mentality, he would have lost probably 2 or 3 games tops to ISU in his 16 years. Not to mention the countless other losses to other garbage teams would mostly have been wins.

Granted it is possible we would have to trade a win or 2 that we won because of his conservative nature. So pretty much it cost us around 20 wins but saved us a handful of loses. Good thinkin Kirk. Maybe next year is our year to pull out that 17-14 win against them.

The Ferentz Hawks were the solitary Big Five victory of Iowa State.

Repeat:

The Ferentz Hawks were the solitary Big Five victory of Iowa State.

Gary likes to play woulda/coulda/shoulda/almosts then he should be thankful that

ISU rallied past MAC's Toledo Rockets

or

The Ferentz Hawks would have been the only victory for ISU this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many are giving the Big12 too much credit. It was a pretty garbage league this year. Good at the top (Baylor and TCU). Ok with KSU and Oklahoma, and then really very average to terrible after that. I'm not saying that the B1G was killer or anything, but the Big12 was hardly some great league way tougher than the B1G this year.

Pac12 8 (67% of league)
SEC 8 (57% of league)
B1G 8 (57% of league)
ACC 7 (50% of league)
Big12 5 (50% of league)

You gotta go and bring data and facts...dang it Dean....the B1G is the worst!

Name the wins..

Iowa State
North Dakota State
Kansas State
Baylor
At Oklahoma State
Toledo
At Texas
Oklahoma
At Kansas
Texas Tech
West Virginia
At TCU

NDState and UNI are interchangeable.

Toledo and Ball St are, too.

Kansas isn't better than Pitt. Give that to Iowa.

TXT would be at Kinnick and no way Iowa goes 0-5 in conference in Kinnick. Maybe.

OKST and Texas are even par teams so maybe iowa gets one of those. Maybe.

That'd be 4-5 wins with breath held.

No way Iowa beats K-state. Their QB is twice the Goophers QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name the wins..

Iowa State
North Dakota State
Kansas State
Baylor
At Oklahoma State
Toledo
At Texas
Oklahoma
At Kansas
Texas Tech
West Virginia
At TCU

What month? In September Iowa would lose all of those. In November they would win about 1/2 of those games. Still we'd hate watching Iowa's offense **** down its leg

Pac12 8 (67% of league)
SEC 8 (57% of league)
B1G 8 (57% of league)
ACC 7 (50% of league)
Big12 5 (50% of league)

What are the OOC SOS's for each conference?

I am just glad we can share the spotlight with Toledo. We belong to an illustrious group, a special group of team. In this group we have only one peer, Toledo. And of Power 5 schools we have no peer. You cannot take that away from the team. /sarcasm off

It shows how irrelevant 7 wins are in the East. Look at how Wisc. got totally trashed by Ohio State. The east has issues.

The Big 12 does not play that good of defense throughout the year. That Baylor-TCU score was a joke for both teams thinking they should be in the final 4 playoffs. ISU is terrible on defense except when we play them because we dont attack. TCU has usually been good on Dee because the head coach is a defensive guy.

Texas Tech has usually been weak on defense. Defense wins championships and I put the Big 10's top 7 teams ahead of the Big 12 in defensive play.

Yeah, out of 5, BIG is 5th.

5. Big Ten

Record vs. Non-Conference, Power-Five Teams: 5-11 (31%)

I think it goes:

Pac12
SEC (pretty close, if some think the SEC is better, I got no problems with that)
Big12
ACC/B1G tie for last

All I'm saying is that the Big12 wasn't all that great. I isn't like it was wayyyyy tougher than the B1G

Baylor, TCU = MSU, OSU

Oklahoma, KSU = Wisconsin, Nebby, Minny

Okie St., WVU = Maryland, Iowa

Texas = Rutgers, Ill. jNW, Penn St., Michigan

Tech, Kansas, ISU = Indiana, Purdue

And we lost to them...at Kinnick. Kirk is 7-9 against that joke of a program. Do you really need more proof than that to say he needs to be gone? That should be the dagger.

The answer is an obvious NO and Hell NO

I think it goes:

Pac12
SEC (pretty close, if some think the SEC is better, I got no problems with that)
Big12
ACC/B1G tie for last

All I'm saying is that the Big12 wasn't all that great. I isn't like it was wayyyyy tougher than the B1G

Baylor, TCU = MSU, OSU

Oklahoma, KSU = Wisconsin, Nebby, Minny

Okie St., WVU = Maryland, Iowa

Texas = Rutgers, Ill. jNW, Penn St., Michigan

Tech, Kansas, ISU = Indiana, Purdue

The issue is that Ohio State probably played a better non-conference schedule than either TCU or Baylor (who played no one) and the additional win over a ranked opponent in a championship game.

The issue is that Ohio State probably played a better non-conference schedule than either TCU or Baylor (who played no one) and the additional win over a ranked opponent in a championship game.

I agree. The Big12 should be punished for not having a championship game, as 1 less game is a HUGE advantage.

Latest posts