ISU fans just lost most AMMO about Ferentz being a "win at all costs" coach

You "have" to be here? What do you "have" to listen to? Surely nobody is forcing you to come here, look around, sign up, and then post.

at least it took him being banned from his own team's site before he started frequenting the opposition's. you know, unlike someone who had 8,000+ posts on CF and didnt even start posting regularly on their own team's board until they got the hammer over there.

dougie.jpg

at least it took him being banned from his own team's site before he started frequenting the opposition's. you know, unlike someone who had 8,000+ posts on CF and didnt even start posting regularly on their own team's board until they got the hammer over there.

dougie.jpg

hmmm this poster reminds of someone that got banned a few months ago for threats....

dougie.jpg

This board went operational in October of 2009, and I was here almost immediately. It filled a void in that it would be the only Hawkeye board that was free. As soon as this board went up, my visits to CyFan became much less frequent.

In case anyone who doesn't get the "joke", that picture is supposed to be of me. It isn't me, but that doesn't stop Hilton Magic or whomever this tool from CyFan is.

I'm not one of those Cyclone fans who thinks that Ferentz is a "win at all costs" coach, but I think you're overstating the importance of this bowl. For the expectations coming into this season, I don't think winning or losing the Insight Bowl is going to have a big impact on next year.

If this were a BCS bowl and DJK got booted before the game, then I think you'd have a point.

Iowa still has A LOT of young guys who can benefit A LOT from the bowl prep and a big-game environment. If the leaders of the team approach the game the wrong way ... then you're correct to a point.

However, if the team approaches the game the RIGHT way ... then it can really be a stepping stone going into next season. 8-5 is a HECK of a lot better than 7-6 ... at least, it would feel that way to me as a fan.

Furthermore, Mizzou is ranked pretty high in the BCS standings. It would be nice to knock them off.

Iowa still has A LOT of young guys who can benefit A LOT from the bowl prep and a big-game environment. If the leaders of the team approach the game the wrong way ... then you're correct to a point.

However, if the team approaches the game the RIGHT way ... then it can really be a stepping stone going into next season. 8-5 is a HECK of a lot better than 7-6 ... at least, it would feel that way to me as a fan.

Furthermore, Mizzou is ranked pretty high in the BCS standings. It would be nice to knock them off.

When you go into the season with national title hopes I would say the difference between 8-5 and 7-6 is minimal at best.

dougie.jpg

Hey! It's Dougie! You know, the guy who said it was insane to suggest that Iowa City has more of a blow culture than Ames. The dude who had more posts on CF than he has here.

Well THH, you got your wish. I posted on HN. But, only to say "I told you so". Eat ****. :D

I'm not arguing that the bowl is worthless, but winning it isn't such a big deal that you HAVE to have DJK on the sideline. A win would be nice, but the practice time and extra game is worth much more to the program than actually winning the game.

And I agree with the previous poster. When you have national title aspirations before the season, 8-5 isn't a meaningful difference over 7-6.

Are you trying to say that because Ferentz hasn't gone as far as breaking DJKilo out of jail

DJK is not in jail. Nor is he likely to go there, as a first-time misdemeanor offender.

I applaud Homer for his Clown-trolling experiment. They make fools of themselves every time, and it is hilarious to watch.

DJK is not in jail. Nor is he likely to go there, as a first-time misdemeanor offender.

I applaud Homer for his Clown-trolling experiment. They make fools of themselves every time, and it is hilarious to watch.

Pulling bits and pieces of a comment to completely change the context is cute, but if you want to be like that, the reality is that DJKilo did spend a couple hours in jail a few evenings back if I remember correctly.

It was meant as an over the top hypothetical, I assumed that the rest of you would understand it, but there is always one mouth breather in every crowd.