ISU fans just lost most AMMO about Ferentz being a "win at all costs" coach

Are you suggesting that it would be possible for even the most terrible, evil, win at all coaches to not suspend him for a meaningless bowl game that nobody associated with Iowa football is remotely interested in playing?

He did the only thing he could. If DJK was a junior, then we could see the type of punishment Ferentz thought it deserved, but saying a one game suspension shows he is a hardass would be pretty ridiculous.

LOL!

I didn't say all AMMO!

Anyhow, however, many Cyclone fans are proving me write with their conspiracy-theoretical views. They are "showing their hand" that they still view him as a win-at-all-costs sort of coach.

However, wouldn't a "win-at-all-costs" coach still try to win at all costs? Isn't that the very definition?

Rather laughable ....

LOL!

I didn't say all AMMO!

Anyhow, however, many Cyclone fans are proving me write with their conspiracy-theoretical views. They are "showing their hand" that they still view him as a win-at-all-costs sort of coach.

However, wouldn't a "win-at-all-costs" coach still try to win at all costs? Isn't that the very definition?

Rather laughable ....

speaking of conspiracy isnt there a trial scheduled for Jan 2011 reguarding the assault charges and U of I staff involvement?

Also, the responses concerning Clayborn are particularly laughable. Remind me how decorated he's been compared to some of Iowa's past defenders. What records does he hold in the Iowa Hawkeye football annals?

In contrast, DJK had broken no fewer than TWO MAJOR team career records.

Many can claim from a conspiratorial sort of view that Ferentz already knew about DJK's criminal exploits.

However, that runs counter to the FACT that Ferentz runs a ship where he likes to control the flow of information and how the program is represented. DJK's very loose lips ran VERY contrary to that MO ... thus, he was rarely, if ever, made available to the media. This isn't conspiracy ... that is how Ferentz handles the media ... there's a LONG precedent already set there ... even pre-DJK.

Similarly, Ferentz and Co run a ship that places A LOT of emphasis on discipline and development. Some of the MOST RAMPANT rumors about DJK were always more about his maturity level and the fact that he'd be late to work-outs, meetings, and whatnot. Ferentz and Co have been known to demote several guys through the years for similar reasons. Again, there is an established precendent here ... and all the prior buzz is consistent with the sort of stuff that we've observed with DJK ... in other words, again, no conspiracy here.

speaking of conspiracy isnt there a trial scheduled for Jan 2011 reguarding the assault charges and U of I staff involvement?

The only issue there seems to concern the possible misapplication of procedures by a few administrators as they are outlined in the University's informal investigation procedure.

LOL!

I didn't say all AMMO!

Rather laughable ....

Not a cyclone fan, nor do I think that Ferentz is a win at all costs type of coach, but suspending DJK for the bowl game does nothing to disprove this. What coach in the entire country would play a starter who was arrested and charged with possession of weed, coke and prescription drugs as well as running a drug house? We're playing in the Insight Bowl, it's not like he's suspending him from a big time game, he's missing basically a meaningless bowl game.

LOL!

I didn't say all AMMO!

Rather laughable ....

I've read this a few times over now and still have no idea where your point is located, let alone what direction to even start in.

Are you trying to say that because Ferentz hasn't gone as far as breaking DJKilo out of jail that he isn't a win-at-all-costs (whatever the hell that vague assessment means) coach?

I think you need to understand that law (in most cases) trumps the desires and wants of a football coach.

To clarify, I'm not saying I think Ferentz would be willing to play a guy who was arrested on those charges, because I don't.

Last edited:
I hope that is all. I remember a SI article from 91 or 92 reguarding the success of Hayden Fry at Iowa and if he were to win much more it would invite a NCAA invstgatn. KF wins + Recent bad news might draw same attention. Investigations dont always mean something is wrong but poor cloud it could cast over a location that is already hard to recruit too, would be made that more difficult!

LOL!

I didn't say all AMMO!

Rather laughable ....

What's really laughable is the 6 page post on CyFan comparing their attendance to ours and calling out their own fans for not showing up. Now that's funny.

What's really laughable is the 6 page post on CyFan comparing their attendance to ours and calling out their own fans for not showing up. Now that's funny.

Every fanbase has their group of idiots. That thread would include many of ISU's, much like this one includes many of IU's.

Wow, this thread is stupid.

I know a lot of you hawk fans think we have nothing better to do than talk about Iowa Football, but believe me you arent that important.

DJK (your leading reciever) gets arrested, and yes people are going to start threads.

We as in "fans". I am but just one fan.

And I cannot spend my time on CF, so I have to listen to all this crap. Otherwise you wouldnt catch me on this site.

I know as a hawk fan it's hard for you to understand.

And I cannot spend my time on CF, so I have to listen to all this crap. Otherwise you wouldnt catch me on this site.

I find that part hard to believe....:rolleyes:

You "have" to be here? What do you "have" to listen to? Surely nobody is forcing you to come here, look around, sign up, and then post.

Booting the most decorated WR, stats-wise, in Iowa history off the team ... and that's heading into a bowl game that could really help the team a lot when it comes to getting a little bit of momentum heading into next season.

This runs completely contrary to what many Cyclone fans tend to write about Ferentz on Cyclone fanatic. Sorry, I just found that fact a bit amusing.

I'm not one of those Cyclone fans who thinks that Ferentz is a "win at all costs" coach, but I think you're overstating the importance of this bowl. For the expectations coming into this season, I don't think winning or losing the Insight Bowl is going to have a big impact on next year.

If this were a BCS bowl and DJK got booted before the game, then I think you'd have a point.

Latest posts