ISU fans don't care.

I can see if some fans dont care about UCONN. but im sure most look forward to the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I was talking to some ISU fans today and I told them now don't go out and lose to UConn by 2 TD's next week or finish the season 4-8 or something like that. The response was that we don't care how we do next week or the rest of the season, as all we want to do is beat Iowa, and our season is complete. He!!, some of them didn't even know who they even played next week, but they were out in droves today wearing their ISU gear. Just more proof that their whole season is based on beating Iowa. What a sad pathetic bunch.
Please have this conversation again and record for validity, thanks.

I'm pretty sure that most ISU fans are like Iowa fans in that, it feels great to beat your in state rival but you still want to do well in conference and win as many games as possible.

The math is simple here, fellas. If a team that Hawk fans perceive as "lesser" such as Northwestern or Iowa State whoops up on Iowa, Iowa lost not because they were beaten, but because "we're their Super Bowl." It is easier to say that rather than admit that Iowa is a pedestrian program that has had a few recent streaks where we caught lightning in a bottle in terms of talent and admit that we have not beaten ISU and Northwestern in the same season in nearly two decades. With Michigan's soon-to-be resurgence and Nebraska's entry into the conference, I'm pretty skeptical about the boys ever making it to the Rose Bowl again, but the apologists have deluded themselves into thinking there are other BCS surrogates for the granddaddy.

Well, I don't know about the original poster's story (probably true for some fans) but it does seem like every ISU fan I ran into after the game (stuck at a wedding in ISU territory unfortunately) were the first to talk crap, point fingers, and puff out their chests. Most ISU fans that I have ran into through the years are like this. Obnoxious fan base. Act like you have been there before.

Both ISU and IA dumb A$$ fans. I think we both would like to have interviews to allow only good stock into our fan base and send all the crap to Auburn.

I see there are a fair share of ****** on here today. I saw people wearing ISU gear that haven't ever worn ISU gear before. What I stated is that several do not care about the rest of their season as long as they beat Iowa. Arrogant assh)les

I did. But, like I said, they were all up in your face. Probably because they are not used to winning and their season is complete with beating Iowa.

Do you even know what a troll is dumba$$. You live in Minnesota, need I say more.

Well, it stands to reason that you'd know more than I do.

I'd ask you to enlighten me, but seeing as how you've lured many Cyclones under your bridge with this thread, I am weary of steping closer.

I was talking to some ISU fans today and I told them now don't go out and lose to UConn by 2 TD's next week or finish the season 4-8 or something like that. The response was that we don't care how we do next week or the rest of the season, as all we want to do is beat Iowa, and our season is complete. He!!, some of them didn't even know who they even played next week, but they were out in droves today wearing their ISU gear. Just more proof that their whole season is based on beating Iowa. What a sad pathetic bunch.

Interesting... that's nothing like the Cyclone fans I have talk to. I wonder how old these fans you talked to were?

Latest posts