ISU Fact - Talk About Damn Shocking!

Here's the list of BIG XII capacities. Kinnick, at 70,585 ranks 7th in the B1G.

UT - 100,119
OU - 82,112
ISU - 61,500
TTU - 60,862
OSU - 60,218
WVU - 60,000
KU - 50,071
KSU - 50,000
BU - 45,140
TCU - 45,000

is it just a matter of time before Boone Pickens turns OSU into >82k or 100k? lol

While Maryland & Rutgers lower the average significantly, there are probably as many TV sets in the New York & Washington D.C. metropolitan areas as there are in the entire BIG XII. Now throw in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, etc. Outside of Texas, the BIG XII is in small population states. If Ohio State can continue to dominate, the B1G TEN will break the bank after the 2016 season. The amount of the next TV contract will blow everybody away. It will be phenomenal! It will be a license to print money!

I heard Donald Trump's voice while reading that.

It'll be huuuuge

Listening to Jon and Steve's last podcast just now at work. They stated that Iowa State NOW HAS the 3rd largest stadium in the Big 12 conference. Honestly, I don't know if that is impressive or kind of sad. Just blew me away though.

Who cares? You Hock fans dont realize that to be born in Iowa, it is soooooo easy to become a Hock fan (like I was, especially when the whole state is biased towards the Hocks.) I had the Hock jeans, tennis shoes, etc, but it takes real BALLS & BRAINS to become a CYCLONE fan. If State is so bad, then you Hock fans should feel embarrassed to have lost to the Clones 3 of last 4 years and 4 of last 5 (after Saturday). Not to mention that the Clones have a superior mens basketball program who kicked the Hocks azzes in Iowa City just last season!

Who cares? You Hock fans dont realize that to be born in Iowa, it is soooooo easy to become a Hock fan (like I was, especially when the whole state is biased towards the Hocks.) I had the Hock jeans, tennis shoes, etc, but it takes real BALLS & BRAINS to become a CYCLONE fan. If State is so bad, then you Hock fans should feel embarrassed to have lost to the Clones 3 of last 4 years and 4 of last 5 (after Saturday). Not to mention that the Clones have a superior mens basketball program who kicked the Hocks azzes in Iowa City just last season!

What the hell is a Hock? Is this really a thing Clone fans say? Also didn't see you guys in the second round of the NCAA tournament last year, but glad you won your super bowl, we know that's what really is important to you guys.

Come on Kay, you're better than this (well, probably not). If you're going to use your first post to trash talk, at least come up with something original.

Interesting. I wonder how or where they'd get more seats?

I did an "unofficial" walk through before the place opened a couple years ago. It was built such that another tier or deck of seating could be added on top of the main bowl. I actually got up on the roof area and it was clearly designed for potential expansion.

8951227268_e92629ac9b_z.jpg

What the hell is a Hock? Is this really a thing Clone fans say? Also didn't see you guys in the second round of the NCAA tournament last year, but glad you won your super bowl, we know that's what really is important to you guys.

Iowa fans morphed clones into clowns...because it's a natural transition verbally, and is a perfect fit conceptually. (gimme that happy meal, Paul!... with apologies to Sam Mack, we know he prefers Burger King). To be fair, the moniker is also used by many of their friends in the "big" 12...not just IOWA fans.

So in an effort to keep up, clone fans created "hock" or it is "hok"...they can't even decide. It's a twist on absolutely nothing and makes no sense...which is exactly what you'd expect from them.

Last edited:
Iowa fans morphed clones into clowns...because it's a natural transition verbally, and is a perfect fit conceptually. (gimme that happy meal, Paul!... with apologies to Sam Mack, we know he prefers Burger King). To be fair, the moniker is also used by many of their friends in the "big" 12...not just IOWA fans.

So in an effort to keep up, clone fans created "hock" or it is "hok"...they can't even decide. It's a twist on absolutely nothing and makes no sense...which is exactly what you'd expect from them.

Typical little brother, thanks for the explanation.

Congrats dude, it is great that ISU let you into their university. We all know the only way to become a Clown fan is to go to school there.

Boy, you may want to step away from the ledge a bit, young man. Talk about a "little brother" post of the year, this screams little bro syndrome. lol.

Yes, this is the Hawkeye state.

Sometimes they get blinded by all those Big 12 conference titles and Jan. 1 bowl bids. They can't help it.

Latest posts