ISU - 31 plays for 65 yards and 4 first downs

SpiderRico

In the 2nd half. Outright domination. LBs and Parker Hesse came of age after intermission.

Awesome display!

It was nice to see the DBs closer to the LOS. ISU's running game isn't good enough to beat us, hat on hat. Forced the Clown QB to throw into tight windows. Nice to see that adjustment. Especially since Ott was out.

In the 2nd half. Outright domination. LBs and Parker Hesse came of age after intermission.

Awesome display!

I knew our defense had played a spectacular 2nd half, no idea they'd done that well. they definitely made great adjustments at halftime.

as a note for ISU, their receivers look good, but they're gonna struggle if they dont find a running back. i read that no Cyclone RB had more than 23 yards.

I'm critical of this staff, but lets give credit where it is due as well.....the staff made great 2nd half adjustments, and they dominated the game in the 2nd half, even down arguably their best player in Ott.

Parker Hesse deserves a tip of the cap. At 240 lbs, he was in the backfield all 2nd half. Very disruptive.

Nice too see Iowa do what they should against vastly inferior talent. No big credit for doing what they should.

Nice too see Iowa do what they should against vastly inferior talent. No big credit for doing what they should.

I agree....especially against last year's ISU team. But ISU is vastly improved this year. They're OL is pretty decent, their receivers are top shelf, and their defensive front 7, especially their NT who got injured, is pretty legit....but 65 yds given up in a half against any P5 team is pretty damn impressive...especially down your best defensive player...

Really really dug in in the second half. Wow
. Very proud of their effort. D backs played tough. Interior line tough. Rally surprised by hesse. He was outsized big time but fought hard.

I agree....especially against last year's ISU team. But ISU is vastly improved this year. They're OL is pretty decent, their receivers are top shelf, and their defensive front 7, especially their NT who got injured, is pretty legit....but 65 yds given up in a half against any P5 team is pretty damn impressive...especially down your best defensive player...
Don't get me wrong, Smith is as good as anyone, that catch he made in the end zone was big time, and Vandeberg is becoming the Hawks version of Edelman, but I wouldn't mind those ISU receivers playing for the Hawks.

One key moment was a ball Lazard caught on the sideline before our go-ahead TD. Both King and Mabin were on Lazard. After the play, King and Mabin looked to be clarifying something with each other. On ISUs last drive, King's INT happened because he jumped the route while Mabin dropped to the deep receiver.

Huge when players communicate like that.

We really rattled Richardson I think. He did not make the throws when he had to. King and mabin were close all day on some passes and did a really good job. You aren't going to take every pass away against good receivers but overall they did very well.

Great win for the Hawks. Great second half, I hope to see that more often. Defense looks like it maybe has a few killers on it.

I tend to agree that they don't have vastly inferior talent. They have really upgraded their defense with their-- what 9 -- juco players on defense. They are usually decent on offense. It has been their terrible defense that has made them a terrible team for years. They have a shot at a decent season given how bad the big 12 looks this year.

Isu does NOT have vastly inferior talent. Absolutely not the case.

Who would start on Iowa's team? The WR's, but everyone has pretty much said that. Campos would probably start, maybe Cotten Moya (or however you spell that). I can't really think of anyone else who would be starting over an Iowa starter. Tucker on the DL? I doubt it. Pierson, once again I kind of doubt it, but maybe there. Nothing else though, not a RB, not any other OL or DL, no LB, no TE. So basically the WR, 1 OL, and 1 secondary player. That is inferior talent.

Latest posts