ISM declares for NFL draft

MikeyLikesIowa

Good for him. Like any Hawkeye in his situation, I wish nothing but the best and hope he succeeds. I'm somewhat surprised he opted out of the bowl game. I can only assume his injury played at least somewhat of a factor in that decision. He brought a lot of excitement to the program and will be missed.

Sorry, I tried to embed the tweet but the text editing tools/buttons aren't visible. I've tried three different browsers and my phone.

https://twitter.com/_ihmirr_/status/1342134724769284096

Last edited:
Not a big surprise here. The combine (if held...) will be big for him.

All eyes are now on Nixon. With recent predictions showing him moving into the first round, I wouldn't be surprised to see him pass on the bowl game as well (again, if held).

Good for him. Like any Hawkeye in his situation, I wish nothing but the best and hope he succeeds. I'm somewhat surprised he opted out of the bowl game. I can only assume his injury played at least somewhat of a factor in that decision. He brought a lot of excitement to the program and will be missed.

Sorry, I tried to embed the tweet but the text editing tools/buttons aren't visible. I've tried three different browsers and my phone.

https://twitter.com/_ihmirr_/status/1342134724769284096

Yes he has put in his 4 years and played a lot and produced a lot. He has the return game skills and could also work on being a punt returner to maybe aid in getting on a roster.

Last I heard a couple days ago his injury was still keeping him out of the bowl anyway. Still a stupid mistake with the flip but I would like to see him at least one time do an end zone celebration in the NFL.

No surprise. Wish him well but see him as a late draftee or undrafted free agent.

Oh sure, he doesnt have the size of the prototypical NFL top wideout target but his quickness and work in the slot might get him some playing time as a slot receiver.

I think he's likely borderline as an NFL prospect, but I understand his decision and wish him the best. The more Hawks we have on NFL rosters, the better. Hard to overstate what an amazing recruiting tool that is. We've got plenty of OL and all sorts of defensive players in the League, but are a little short on offensive skill players. I'd love to land a WR on an NFL roster.

It is best for his draft stock to not have to be out injured for the bowl game.

Thanks for the time and effort. Get drafted and do us proud.

Article I read said one prominent draft expert picked him as the #11 receiver. Predicted 2nd round. Weakest area was physicality to release from the LOS.

I haven't read anything on his draft placement and by no means am I an expert. But I think he is drafted somewhere if even the later rounds. His return skills alone would elevate him to that status and I think, like others here, he could be a good slot receiver at the next level.

Article I read said one prominent draft expert picked him as the #11 receiver. Predicted 2nd round. Weakest area was physicality to release from the LOS.
If he's a second round pick, then I'm even more convinced this is the right choice. Get the hell out of here and get paid, man!

I'm skeptical he'll actually go that high but, obviously, I'm hoping he does - that would be fantastic for him and the program both.

Putting my NFL GM hat on, my primary concern is he's extremely slight of build. On the plus side, his special teams skills are a real positive though.

Sleight but tough as nails, he never let a defender know if he hurt him he always bounced up after a hit, like the chip on his shoulder he played with.

I also saw the depth chart for our bowl game. ICM is the only opt out. I know the game is tenuous, but I was rather surprised.

That new avatar threw me for a minute.
A winter scene that I shot off my deck about seven years ago.

The basement Hawkeye bar will be back.

Look closely in the lower center and you will see my then neighbor's tiki bar.

I helped build it in 2007. Sadly they moved last year and took the tiki bar with them.

Last edited: