ISM declares for NFL draft

I
I also saw the depth chart for our bowl game. ICM is the only opt out. I know the game is tenuous, but I was rather surprised.
I think that's ISM "speak" for, "I really screwed when I did the flip and hurt myself to the extent I can't play in the bowl game".
Now I haven't seen the official Iowa medical release, so I could be way off base here. Just my opinion.
What is the official medical report?

I

I think that's ISM "speak" for, "I really screwed when I did the flip and hurt myself to the extent I can't play in the bowl game".
Now I haven't seen the official Iowa medical release, so I could be way off base here. Just my opinion.
What is the official medical report?
No idea. Just referenced the depth chart Iowa released.

I think Brandon Smith is the better NFL prospect. As someone noted earlier in this thread his 40 time is super important. It is the difference between being drafted and not being drafted.....being a mid round pick or a late one. His tape could show him separating from dudes, but a sub 4.5, 40 seems like it would do more.

KOR really doesn't matter that much anymore in the NFL. To increase his draft stock he will have to show that he can return punts. 4th, 5th, 6th receiver on an NFL roster(which he would be if he makes a team) better have special team skills.

I think Brandon Smith is the better NFL prospect. As someone noted earlier in this thread his 40 time is super important. It is the difference between being drafted and not being drafted.....being a mid round pick or a late one. His tape could show him separating from dudes, but a sub 4.5, 40 seems like it would do more.

KOR really doesn't matter that much anymore in the NFL. To increase his draft stock he will have to show that he can return punts. 4th, 5th, 6th receiver on an NFL roster(which he would be if he makes a team) better have special team skills.

Or Gunner on punt coverage team and outside gunner on kickoff coverage. What is the NFL minimum, $600,000, $800,000? A lot of players will go down and tackle on special teams for that kind of money. Get that dough for 3 years and you could be set, especially if some of the payments are deferred to lessen tax payments.

Guy really has nothing left to prove he's tough and fast. Only reason to play would be to try to stick the landing next time.

I agree 100%. It can't be stressed enough how important it is to stick the landing. Any gymnast can tell you its the difference between medaling and just coming up short. Got to stick the landing.

After reading through this thread, there were a lot of great moments for ISM. One that many forget was a 3rd and long late in the game at Ames. Stanley scrambled and threw a laser that was about 1 foot off the ground and he caught it for a huge 3rd down conversion. I fear that if he isn't drafted for stick in the NFL he'll rewrite history and join Akrum in the money grab.

I liked the flip into the end zone. Kirk didn't. I realize now what was so spectacular about it..and it's that I don't think any Iowa player has ever done that in KF's tenure.2

"..he made his decision while in orbit (in the air) " tells me that KF has rules and ISM self selected his way off the team there. think I'm reading this right?

Not sure ISM was the model "Iowa player" but he was good on the field on game day

I liked the flip into the end zone. Kirk didn't. I realize now what was so spectacular about it..and it's that I don't think any Iowa player has ever done that in KF's tenure.2

"..he made his decision while in orbit (in the air) " tells me that KF has rules and ISM self selected his way off the team there. think I'm reading this right?

Not sure ISM was the model "Iowa player" but he was good on the field on game day
Self selected his way off the team? He has put his heart and soul into the program for four years and is projected to go (somewhere) in the draft. He was not coming back for a fifth year. And I don't blame him. Some people are ready to move on, high draft pick or not. He has nothing left to prove, IMO.

Self selected his way off the team? He has put his heart and soul into the program for four years and is projected to go (somewhere) in the draft. He was not coming back for a fifth year. And I don't blame him. Some people are ready to move on, high draft pick or not. He has nothing left to prove, IMO.

I agree. I'm just trying trying to figure what KF meant.

KF meant that he injured himself and that made the decision for him that he was done playing because he would miss Michigan and the bowl game. It wasn't any rule KF has...hell Wadley celebrated and cost us a TD and he wasn't banished.

After reading through this thread, there were a lot of great moments for ISM. One that many forget was a 3rd and long late in the game at Ames. Stanley scrambled and threw a laser that was about 1 foot off the ground and he caught it for a huge 3rd down conversion. I fear that if he isn't drafted for stick in the NFL he'll rewrite history and join Akrum in the money grab.
That's a bullshit comment dude. Seriously. You don't know ISM. Everything I've seen, he's been appreciative to the coaching staff. That's pretty harsh.

ISM has a lot of talent, but he was never going to play in the bowl game, injured or not, and it wasn’t up to him or even the coaches.

Latest posts