Isaiah Moss??

Moss is a high risk, high return player. He is not that fundamentally sound, and makes too many dumb plays. That said, he can light it up without a conscience. If he can make FTs under duress, he is highly valuable to have in at the end of close games. Untapped potential in him.
He can be sure. I'm not comfortable with him handling the ball a ton out there. But as far as running him off screens to help get him open I'm all about it. Finding him in transition for pull up 3s or drives to the hoop I'm totally down with too. He's the main guy we have that can do it. JW does some as well but we need more of it. It puts pressure on the D helps draw fouls etc etc. He's a great free throw shooter so the more of those the merrier for him.

He can be sure. I'm not comfortable with him handling the ball a ton out there. But as far as running him off screens to help get him open I'm all about it. Finding him in transition for pull up 3s or drives to the hoop I'm totally down with too. He's the main guy we have that can do it. JW does some as well but we need more of it. It puts pressure on the D helps draw fouls etc etc. He's a great free throw shooter so the more of those the merrier for him.
Can't have too many lights out FT shooters.

Here's Isaiah talking with us about it today. Very mature and casts light on why this team has good chemistry:

There is a lot of maturity and team play, and dare I suggest coaching this year. This is very refreshing and a hopeful sign for Fran. In a selfish reflection, it is nice to have a "team" to watch and cheer for during the winter. For way too long we have been fed winter Iowa BB led by dysfunctional, arrogant, and inept coaches. So, thanks players and team, coaches, well done, good work, well deserved. Keep on pushing on. Now is your time. Will be exciting to see how the new water bug PG and the newest Little Fran do under the new team philosophy. The team has already proven to itself that it can without Cook, so if he bolts, well, the team will move on. It will soon be Kriener Country under the basket.

The dude is still our best 2 guard... when he hit like his 3rd strait 3 in the first half I was saying to my brother he may go on to have a big big night. He was feeling it and PSU wasn't going to find a way to keep him from getting those looks. But then Fran takes him out and he hardly plays.. I've never understood taking out a guy as hot as he was like that. Ride that horse till she can't go anymore. If JBo had just hit 3 or 4 strait shots you know damn well he isn't coming out. I know there's more to the game than just that. But he's not as bad as your describing. He's had some good rebounding games lately and some steals. Fran even admitted after the game he should have played him more it was just a flow of the game mistake he made. Maybe a little Daddy playing his son too...

I am talking about Moss's overall game, not 1 specific game. Moss has some really good offensive games where he's lights out (@ minny last year). As PC Hawk mentioned, his game has better the last couple games, but with 4 years in Fran's system, I expect more hustle.

Y
Fran said he liked the Connor/Bohannon combo but should have played him more. My guess is he played some terrible defense that I didnt notice. If that's true, that's what we all wanted. For Fran to hold players accountable for their defense.
Ya late on D he absolutely whiffed on Penn St. player who shot past for a drink. Fran yanked him right after. Good for Fran!

I will say this about Moss, early this season I wanted Moss benched in favor of Wisecamp. Fran stuck with Moss and I have to admit his offense and defense has been much more consistent. He is a real X-factor on offense. His defense and ball handling in the second half forced Fran to take him out. Iowa needs Moss to be successful if they want to finish above .500 in the Big.

Y

Ya late on D he absolutely whiffed on Penn St. player who shot past for a drink. Fran yanked him right after. Good for Fran!
Spectator defense has been a hallmark of the Fran system, good sign he might be enforcing compliance to the new philosophy.

Things are going well now but I disagree with pulling Moss in the second half. CM is a solid player but his shooting is atrocious! 1-11 in 3 pointers attempted this year and 1-4 in free throws the last game. How can a guy be a 4 star player and shoot that poorly? We need a PG that can not only facilitate but to be a shooting threat as well. What we have is Jbo, a great shooter but not a great PG and CM a solid PG that cant shoot.

Things are going well now but I disagree with pulling Moss in the second half. CM is a solid player but his shooting is atrocious! 1-11 in 3 pointers attempted this year and 1-4 in free throws the last game. How can a guy be a 4 star player and shoot that poorly? We need a PG that can not only facilitate but to be a shooting threat as well. What we have is Jbo, a great shooter but not a great PG and CM a solid PG that cant shoot.
CM knows how to win.

The sample size on shooting is small, but he isn't yet a scorer.

He is fundamentally sound, helps out on defense, stays in front of his guy.

He is much less of a Helter-Skelter player, which Moss can be.

CM is a solid, low risk player, who makes the other players better, without flash.

CM knows how to win.

The sample size on shooting is small, but he isn't yet a scorer.

He is fundamentally sound, helps out on defense, stays in front of his guy.

He is much less of a Helter-Skelter player, which Moss can be.

CM is a solid, low risk player, who makes the other players better, without flash.

I agree. Really like Connor. The ball moves when he's in the game. He has high bball IQ & makes good decisions with the ball.

Connor is a good free throw shooter who had one bad night at the line. Not sure how that would play into his high school star ranking.

I looked up Iowa stats and CM is shooting 80% so I give him that. Still though 1-11 shooting threes. Like I said, a great facilitator but he hasn't shown he can shoot yet. I'll wait........

The dude is still our best 2 guard... when he hit like his 3rd strait 3 in the first half I was saying to my brother he may go on to have a big big night. He was feeling it and PSU wasn't going to find a way to keep him from getting those looks. But then Fran takes him out and he hardly plays.. I've never understood taking out a guy as hot as he was like that. Ride that horse till she can't go anymore. If JBo had just hit 3 or 4 strait shots you know damn well he isn't coming out. I know there's more to the game than just that. But he's not as bad as your describing. He's had some good rebounding games lately and some steals. Fran even admitted after the game he should have played him more it was just a flow of the game mistake he made. Maybe a little Daddy playing his son too...

I feel like Fran always takes moss out after he starts hitting shots glad I’m not the only one that noticed he gets the shaft more than any other player on this team

I looked up Iowa stats and CM is shooting 80% so I give him that. Still though 1-11 shooting threes. Like I said, a great facilitator but he hasn't shown he can shoot yet. I'll wait........

Without looking it up, I'd guess majority of Connor's 3 pt attempts were against non-conference. I only remember him shooting 1 recently & he was pretty wide open. Need a 3, give it to Garza or Kriener :)

Latest posts