Isaiah Moss??

1hawkeye1

Where was he the 2nd half vs Pedo St? He played only 21 minutes. He was 4/6 shooting and 100% from 3pt for 12pts.

I don't remember seeing him in the 2nd half. I've tried searching for 2nd half stats but I can't find any. They gotta be out there.

Does anybody recall?

Where was he the 2nd half vs Pedo St? He played only 21 minutes. He was 4/6 shooting and 100% from 3pt for 12pts.

I don't remember seeing him in the 2nd half. I've tried searching for 2nd half stats but I can't find any. They gotta be out there.

Does anybody recall?

Fran said he liked the Connor/Bohannon combo but should have played him more. My guess is he played some terrible defense that I didnt notice. If that's true, that's what we all wanted. For Fran to hold players accountable for their defense.

Does anybody recall?

I didn't start watching the game until the 2nd half, so my worry was that he had gotten hurt. When I seen CM at the point with JB at the 2 (which I loved) it got me wondering what happened to Moss.

Fran said he liked the Connor/Bohannon combo but should have played him more. My guess is he played some terrible defense that I didnt notice. If that's true, that's what we all wanted. For Fran to hold players accountable for their defense.

He missed a couple of closeouts on 3's - albeit they were after turnovers and he was out of position, but I think I saw it more than once. I've actually been pretty happy with his play this season. Not as consistent, but he's definitely playing with more consistency than he has at any other time of his career.

He missed a couple of closeouts on 3's - albeit they were after turnovers and he was out of position, but I think I saw it more than once. I've actually been pretty happy with his play this season. Not as consistent, but he's definitely playing with more consistency than he has at any other time of his career.

The one that stood out is after Moss's turnover on the bad pass to JBo, he half-hustled back into the lane and then didn't hustle to closeout on the wide open 3 pt shooter on the secondary break. I hope he learns from it and earns the playing time back.

I'm starting to like the potential ceiling with this team. We've got a very nice record so far and we haven't really clicked on all cylinders yet. Here is a list of things we've dealt with this year...

- Cook injuries.
- Garza injury.
- JBo uncharacteristic poor shooting.
- Moss uneven playing time.

If everyone can get healthy and playing fairly well at the same time (including Kreiner continuing his solid play), I'm excited about the possibilities. Easier said than done.

I thought about it as the game went on, but I just think Cmac was relieving pressure for JBo who was having a good night as well. Cmac has a couple nice steals in the zone. At that point it comes down to Moss or Weiskamp and Weiskamp is a better two way player. Scoring was not Iowa’s concern last night, getting stops was.

ESPN stats show Moss played 21 minutes and Connor 25. I definitely don't remember Moss doing anything in the second half. It doesnt make a lot of sense. Moss is also an excellent free throw shooter and Connor was 1-4 shooting

Disagree. Till was playing spot minutes at the 4. After Garza got the technical they were trying to get to the under 12:00 before bringing him back in. It had nothing to do with Moss. More likely Baer was gassed so no other options at the 4.

Agree. Till was in to pick up minutes after Garza and Kreiner foul trouble.

Disagree. Till was playing spot minutes at the 4. After Garza got the technical they were trying to get to the under 12:00 before bringing him back in. It had nothing to do with Moss. More likely Baer was gassed so no other options at the 4.

Joe could have played the 4.

Joe could have played the 4.
He could have, but I don’t think he’s played that spot much this year. Till probably knows it a little better. Either way it was 3 minutes, I don’t think it says a ton about Moss.

Moss blew a few defensive assignments early in the 2H and got yanked, but even Fran admits he should have gotten back out there. I know you’re not a big Moss guy but he was 4/4 on 3s for 12 points. Everyone contributed, including Till, and it was a team win. We will need Moss to continue his strong play going forward.

He could have, but I don’t think he’s played that spot much this year. Till probably knows it a little better. Either way it was 3 minutes, I don’t think it says a ton about Moss.

Moss blew a few defensive assignments early in the 2H and got yanked, but even Fran admits he should have gotten back out there. I know you’re not a big Moss guy but he was 4/4 on 3s for 12 points. Everyone contributed, including Till, and it was a team win. We will need Moss to continue his strong play going forward.

I'm a big Moss guy lately. It's not even the scoring either. Hes been making smart basketball plays the last handful of games. He's been one of the most bone headed players I can remember his whole career. Lately it seems like he really has his head in the game.

As far as Till playing over Moss goes. I think it's a bad decision to bring in Till at the 4 instead of tweaking your lineup and getting Moss back in the game. It worked out ok, but a bad decision none the less. So my stance is it was either an indication that Moss was in the doghouse (we will never no) or it was a stupid personal decision by Fran (entirely possible).

I'm a big Moss guy lately. It's not even the scoring either. Hes been making smart basketball plays the last handful of games. He's been one of the most bone headed players I can remember his whole career. Lately it seems like he really has his head in the game.
Amen. He's been sticking his nose down inside helping rebound some too. He's not perfect but how many guys out there can go 3 strait possessions hitting shots like he did? He's just a guy we should be tickled to have and I was kinda upset when he wasn't in down the stretch. Especially now that we know it was a coaching decision. He's also a great free throw shooter. He's better than Baer or CM at them and he should be on the floor late in games when it comes down to a free throw shooting contest. Granted I still hope to get the ball to JBo in those situations as our first option but Moss should be #2

As far as Till playing over Moss goes. I think it's a bad decision to bring in Till at the 4 instead of tweaking your lineup and getting Moss back in the game. It worked out ok, but a bad decision none the less. So my stance is it was either an indication that Moss was in the doghouse (we will never no) or it was a stupid personal decision by Fran (entirely possible).
It’s all about your perception of Till I guess. I think the move was made with defense in mind, and from what I’ve seen Till is pretty decent defensively. Gives you more size than Moss. Again it was literally 3 minutes, you are making it into much more of a big deal than it is, especially considering Till did fine when he was out there.

I was kinda upset when he wasn't in down the stretch. Especially now that we know it was a coaching decision. He's also a great free throw shooter. He's better than Baer or CM at them and he should be on the floor late in games when it comes down to a free throw shooting contest.
Jesus guys. Cmac was out there to handle the pressure which he did admirably and got us into our offense. JBo just has a really tough time with pressure he can’t get around guys or get any space to initiate the offense. Connor’s toughness saved us a possession on offense when he was strong with the ball and ultimately got fouled. If that’s a JBo Moss backcourt that’s likely a turnover and a layup the other way. Connor had two huge steals in the zone using his basketball IQ. That’s plus three possessions for Iowa. I’m not even a big Connor guy and I can see that.

This was not a free throw shooting game, Iowa was trailing inside three minutes. I like Moss and think he should have got a little more run in the second half, but I don’t blame Fran for all for sticking with the lineup that was getting stops and ultimately won us the game.

Amen. He's been sticking his nose down inside helping rebound some too. He's not perfect but how many guys out there can go 3 strait possessions hitting shots like he did? He's just a guy we should be tickled to have and I was kinda upset when he wasn't in down the stretch. Especially now that we know it was a coaching decision. He's also a great free throw shooter. He's better than Baer or CM at them and he should be on the floor late in games when it comes down to a free throw shooting contest. Granted I still hope to get the ball to JBo in those situations as our first option but Moss should be #2

It actually never turned into a free throw game.

It’s all about your perception of Till I guess. I think the move was made with defense in mind, and from what I’ve seen Till is pretty decent defensively. Gives you more size than Moss. Again it was literally 3 minutes, you are making it into much more of a big deal than it is, especially considering Till did fine when he was out there.

Actually I think you are thinking I'm making a bigger deal of this than I really am.

PC, i heard it was for ball handling reasons.

Latest posts