Isaiah Moss putting on a clinic

I said this with McDermott and his kid - having your children on the team isn't an issue, as long as they are absolutely no brainer great. If they are average or even just a quality starter things can get ugly, especially if the team doesn't have success.
Todd Lickliter disapproves this post

This is where people come in and say "because Fran gets paid". Like getting money compensation is the difference between when you can rip on someone and when you can't. I've never understood that argument.

It's not a compensation thing. It's a responsibility thing. There is nobody who should own results more than college coaches. Sure, they get paid. They also recruit, coach, and develop every single player in the program. They control vast amounts of their lives and the schedules. If the player doesn't have the talent, he's not the one who offered himself a scholarship. If he doesn't develop, he's not the one who offered him a scholarship. If he doesn't do the right things on the court, he didn't offer himself the scholarship and he's not the one coaching. I just think very, very little responsibility falls on the actual players for results.

It's not a compensation thing. It's a responsibility thing. There is nobody who should own results more than college coaches. Sure, they get paid. They also recruit, coach, and develop every single player in the program. They control vast amounts of their lives and the schedules. If the player doesn't have the talent, he's not the one who offered himself a scholarship. If he doesn't develop, he's not the one who offered him a scholarship. If he doesn't do the right things on the court, he didn't offer himself the scholarship and he's not the one coaching. I just think very, very little responsibility falls on the actual players for results.

Outside of work ethic and staying out of trouble...I tend to agree.

I agree with this. But it has nothing to do with the notion I mocked that says coaches are fair game because they get paid.

but why cant you do both? Why is it ok to question Fran for Moss leaving....but its not ok to question Moss for Moss leaving? You seem to have no problems throwing rocks at Fran, but its completely unacceptable to throw rocks at Moss?

Doesn't make sense at all. Moss spent 4 years at Iowa and then suddenly left and committed to Arkansas and then decommited and transferred to Kansas a month later. Why is it just completely unacceptable to question whats going on in his head?

Actually, I like Fran. I liked Moss as well. I still do, but it isn't relevant since he is no longer a Hawkeye.

It is legitimate to question both. I was just saying that maybe Moss had what he considered a legitimate reason for leaving. If one wants to question what is going on in the kid's head, I see no problem with that. If one wants to denigrate a 20 year old college athlete in a public forum, I kind of do have a problem with that.

And I would add that if I were to criticize anyone in public in a scenario like this, my only place would be the coach, who holds all of the power and can take away a scholarship or push a kid out the door (not that Fran does that) as opposed to the kid, who is somewhat at the mercy of the system once he is in school. I am not the only one that feels that way. Ask JBo what he thinks of the NCAA and the system in place.

Wrong.

Jake Rudock is 100% not a Hawkeye. He’s a whiny bitch who never wanted to be here anyway, but he’s not a Hawkeye.
What don't I know about Jake? I heard KF bring him up just last week on BTN with DiNardo. Talking about kids transferring and how in his case it was a good thing. He didn't have a cross word to say about him.

Good opportunity to catch Isaiah this afternoon at 4pm on the mothership. Kansas vs Dayton, Maui Invitational championship.

Watching some KU/Dayton, it is obvious that Bill Self made it a point of emphasis that Moss get back on D. It was hit and miss at Iowa, wonder if it turns out to be hit and miss at Kansas.

watching the KU v Daytona game. Seems like Moss just stands at the 3 point line all the time and doesn't really move around much. KU is down 4 in the 2nd half

Moss vs Dayton today (KU wins in OT)

36 minutes, 0-1 FG (0 points), 4 rebounds, 1 assist

But, KU won the Maui Classic

36 minutes and his scoring output equalled Bluto Blutarsky's grade point average.

Didn't rebound either. Couldn't from where he was standing most of the time.

Such a weird stat line. How do you play 36 minutes and only get off 1 shot, 4 rebounds and an assist?

The game I watched, Moss just kinda sits in a corner and sometimes they hit him for a shot but most of the time they just ignore him. He just runs up and down the court not doing much. Seems like a huge waste for both Moss and KU.

Latest posts