Isaiah Armwood

He is the team captain, so that says something about his character. You also have to realize that while his stats aren't that great, he was playing for a yearly championship contender in Nova. They have some pretty decent players. ;)

Is Nova a much more talented team than Iowa, absolutely. Have they been world-beaters In the two years Armwood had been on the team, hardly.

Last year they were .500 in conference and lost in the first round as a nine seed.

They year before they were better, but they lost in the second round after needing OT to get out of the first.

I would love Iowa to have been in the last two tournaments, but Nova is not a championship contender.

I can't quote people because I access HN via the iPhone app, but this is aimed at Steve.

I'm not sure what you are asking, is McCabe a good athlete compared to other college basketball player? That seems rather obvious, no he is not. Armwood is however, but did not produce while at Nova.

1st question is coach interested in him. If he is then it would be a good pick up. I do wonder if he could play next year or if he will need to sit out.

Yes I have faith in Fran until he losses that faith. I like what he has been able to do thus far, so if coach want's him then I'm behind that.

Yes, he would have to sit out a year. Doesn't sound like he really tears it up. It's another warm body, though.

So Wright sat down with him & asked him to leave to free a 2012 scholly for a particular recruit, hmmmmm. Bush league.

Yes, he would have to sit out a year. Doesn't sound like he really tears it up. It's another warm body, though.

So Wright sat down with him & asked him to leave to free a 2012 scholly for a particular recruit, hmmmmm. Bush league.

It sounded like Armwood wanted to go somewhere where he could play. And it is not bush, it is how every successful program is run these days.

It sounded like Armwood wanted to go somewhere where he could play. And it is not bush, it is how every successful program is run these days.

Yea, it sounded like he wanted more PT. But, Wright sure didn't say anything to try to retain him. He prob wanted him to go somewhere he could get more minutes though. I realize it happens quite a bit in college programs, but, I gotta wonder how much Wright had his eyes on this 2012 recruit. It just sounded like he was more than happy to help Armwood pack his bags.

are we actually interested in this guy or are we just automatically linked to anyone looking to transfer because we suck

are we actually interested in this guy or are we just automatically linked to anyone looking to transfer because we suck

Kind of this. Like I stated earlier, it's a "warm body". I think Fran the man is getting Iowa out of the bowels of recruiting & in the future the Iowa staff can pick & choose a bit more. He is getting there & has made great strides wit the 2012 class.

The article has Iowa in, whether its Fran showing interest, Armwood showing interested, or just because Francis was a former Villanova assistant is to be determined.

Thanks again for saying we "Suck" for the millionth time. We get it! Fran is trying to change that.

Sorry, but an experienced PG to play with MG sounds like a decent option. Particularly if he has a year to practice with the team. But, I would make sure MG was cool with it.

Latest posts