Is Tucker still enrolled?

BuiltLikeWilt

Go easy!!! just curious,wondering if he's paying his way, since we're going the walk-on route.(I've got a feeling he's not but what the hell)

Go easy!!! just curious,wondering if he's paying his way, since we're going the walk-on route.(I've got a feeling he's not but what the hell)

For now through the spring semester he's on scholly and enrolled. It would be interesting to know if Tucker and McC have had any discussions and if so what they were about. We have a good idea what the answer was if it involved rejoining the team on scholly.

his story is to bad the kid could have been a nice contributor,probably the first of Licks failures.
I agree. But I think Freeman was the first of the failures. I don't know what went down with those two, but for a guy going into his senior year to leave started the whole departure thing.

At the time, I gave Lick the benefit of the doubt on the Freeman thing. But looking back, that was the beginning, wasn't it? I still don't get it. Good kid, good student, talented, supposedly worked hard, and you run him off for what?

Because he didn't always make the right pass or something? Couldn't Lick have stubbornly tried to coach him through it, even benching him for extended periods if necessary?

It never made sense. Damn shame, really. Interesting to think what Iowa might have done that year with Freeman (senior) and Kelly (sophomore) in your backcourt, Cole and Tate inside, and Gatens playing too. A roster that would have included guards Freeman, Kelly, Petersen, Gatens and Tucker seems unreal right now, even if it was only average to slightly above average as the Big Ten goes.

He was at Quintons the other night with Gatens so I am assuming that he was finishing up his finals that week.

I agree. But I think Freeman was the first of the failures. I don't know what went down with those two, but for a guy going into his senior year to leave started the whole departure thing.

I know a former Hawkeye ball player that played prior to Freeman who is smart and objective
who says what happened to Freeman was just plain wrong!!

I agree rubbed me the wrong way also, Lick just seemed to write kids off too soon,hell his Jr year,he (freeman) pretty much carried the team in big ten play

I know a former Hawkeye ball player that played prior to Freeman who is smart and objective
who says what happened to Freeman was just plain wrong!!

That's so funny to me when people do that.

'Dude, there's something I think you should know...well, nevermind. I don't think it's my place to tell you, so just forget it."

REALLY? Well, now I GOTTA KNOW!!!!

He was at Quintons the other night with Gatens so I am assuming that he was finishing up his finals that week.

Had to be a strange and difficult year for Matt with his roomie being Tucker. They were teammates on the court and good friends off the court and then whamo Tucker is off the team.

At the time, I gave Lick the benefit of the doubt on the Freeman thing. But looking back, that was the beginning, wasn't it? I still don't get it. Good kid, good student, talented, supposedly worked hard, and you run him off for what?

Because he didn't always make the right pass or something? Couldn't Lick have stubbornly tried to coach him through it, even benching him for extended periods if necessary?

It never made sense. Damn shame, really. Interesting to think what Iowa might have done that year with Freeman (senior) and Kelly (sophomore) in your backcourt, Cole and Tate inside, and Gatens playing too. A roster that would have included guards Freeman, Kelly, Petersen, Gatens and Tucker seems unreal right now, even if it was only average to slightly above average as the Big Ten goes.

Nice, thoughtful and articulate post.

I too gave Lick the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Latest posts