Is this the quietest it's been before a season?

not if they were thongs under their skirts. That might also help keep attendance up. See what I did there? Double entendre ;)

Seriously, how could they wear these under their skirts?

designer-women-shoes-2012052234.jpg

The march of mediocrity (or worse) has worn me down over the years. That and the fact that they just aren't an exciting or interesting team to watch for the most part. Why would I expect anything to change with the same guy running the show? I've been an Iowa fan for a long time, went to my first football game in '79, and I don't think I've ever had as little interest in them as I do right now. This is the first time I've even checked in on this board since the end of basketball season, which was actually a lot of fun to watch. Iowa football? Meh, Kirk has kind of lost me. Make a change at the top and I might actually have a sense of optimism again, but we all know that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I used to think it was crazy to spend the $10 or whatever it is for other sites... but I'm starting to ponder the idea as there really isn't much to view here on a daily basis. I'm hoping if I hold out for a couple weeks once the season starts, we'll see some more activity.

Spend $10 a month on rivals it is worth it. 100x the amount of posts than around here, and not nearly the trolls on there.

I want to be optimistic also, I try to be optimistic but I am also a grandpa and I just see the same thing every year where it is mostly coaching and philosophy that gives the hawks 1-3 extra losses each season.

Year in and year out, take a 10-2 team and they become 8-4, 9-3 becomes 7-5, whether it is poor personnel mgmt like in 2007 and 2008, and many times just not going for the kill shot or whatever you want to call it, to being woefully unprepared against fake punts, onside kicks, etc.

I still luv to watch the hawks, get pretty excited when games start, but the lack of strategic excitement and certain losses can bring a fan down.

I just loved watching PParker mold that 2013 defense, mid-2008 to mid-2010 was a great run, then some exciting games we lost, then the two losses to Minny in 2010-11 just about did it for me and KF's way of playing it close to the vest.

I am optimistic CJB on offense and Ott and King on defense will rise above it all this year.

I think you are right on, I have left with my head down to many times after a home game thinking what the hell just happened. Every new year I would like to think the coaches have figured out what went wrong and fix it. Hopefully the light bulb comes on for them.Go Hawks

I've been as frustrated and upset as anyone with the performance of the team over the past 5 years. I also think it is time for Kirk to move on....this will be his 17th season as head coach and things have gotten stale (which is typical for most long term coaches..it is not just Kirk).

I am not an optimist. I'm a realist. I have no illusions of 9-10 wins this year. I expect anywhere between 5-8 wins. But...I renewed my season tickets and will continue to go to the games. I've been a Hawkeye fan since the '60s...I've seen the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I couldn't give up on them if I tried.

One thing that keeps me going (besides my love of the Hawks) is: you never know when you are going to see something special. The 2 come from behind wins over Michigan. The pounding of Ohio State. The huge comeback against Indiana. Beating Wisconsin to gain a share of the Big 10 title. The last second win over #3 Penn State. Not many Kodak moments lately...but the next one may be just around the corner.

Here's my thoughts I am excited for another year of football to watch. I keep hearing sports guys on local shows say it feels different this year. The air of the team is different...

I swear they could have pulled a recording from the last three years and played it, because that's what they say every year. We will see something a little different this year and then back to the same old same old.

Until they can prove that things REALLY are changing. Then I will watch but with no expectations of anything what so ever.

I am not saying the have to win to get my attention. To me it just hurts to watch someone bang their head against a wall and not expect to get a headache. When they truly show that they have changed then I will watch with excitement. Until then I only use this site for basketball news.

There seems to be very little excitement, minus the HawkNick posts/threads. I remember after the 2012 season things were bad, but it seemed like there was more optimism than this year.

Guess there's just so many unknowns, and the one known factor is our schemes and game day coaching being frustrating. We don't have the talent to overcome that (like 2009), so we can be anywhere from a 5 win team, to a 9 win with the schedule we have.

I'm a bit nervous about the first game. We typically come out extremely flat, nervous, etc....and we're going to be playing a very solid FCS school....which normally shouldn't bother any Div1 school 9 times out of 10 (there's always an upset once and a while)....but why does it feel like we're almost a underdog, at home...to a lower level school?

My thought is there's just too many connections with this team. Roberson (that's a great last name ;) ), has played in Kinnick and did OK as a true freshman. He's a dangerous player. They have CJB's uncle (or some family member) as their OC, so you have to think he'll know very well what Iowa does on defense. And on defense they have Spearman, who can obviously share some of the schemes Iowa does on both sides of the ball.

Anyway, off of that rant.....Just seems to be very little in info, excitement....threads

Your response answered your own question.

Weve all seen the recuiting over the last few years.....throw in last season..... A definate impact

Latest posts