Is there something that tracks and lists refs

Ok...

Here is Iowa's schedule so far with all 3 refs listed for each game.

IASCHED.jpg

And here is a list of all officials who've worked an Iowa game this year, how many Iowa games they've worked, and what Iowa's record is with that particular ref working***

***This column means absolutely nothing statistically. It is merely a conversation point and doesn't take into account opponents, crew combinations, home/away, etc. If you draw conclusions from this list you're an idiot.

IAREF.jpg

Last edited:
I also find some irony in the fact that some people in this thread discussing officiating didn’t know the clock stopped after made basket to end the game and OT.. :cool::):cool:

I also find some irony in the fact that some people in this thread discussing officiating didn’t know the clock stopped after made basket to end the game and OT.. :cool::):cool:
And to be fair, even a sports fan with an above average knowledge of a sport would totally bomb even the Iowa high school officiating tests. They open book, but every time I take it I go through the test with no book to see how I did. Then if I find things I overlooked I fix them. The baseball and football test I can pass pretty easily now without the book. I don’t officiate basketball (no way in hell would I take the abuse of vicarious, long-ago peaked, loser HS parents from 6’ away) but have two coworkers who do, and they have let me try the test on screen to see how I did. If you think you know the game inside and out, good luck to you sir.

After taking real deal officiating tests, I now think twice about giving people shit for not knowing rules.

Last edited:
And here is a list of all officials who've worked an Iowa game this year, how many Iowa games they've worked, and what Iowa's record is with that particular ref working***

***This column means absolutely nothing statistically. It is merely a conversation point and doesn't take into account opponents, crew combinations, home/away, etc. If you draw conclusions from this list you're an idiot.

IAREF.jpg

Damnit I accidently drew a conclusion. 1-4!!!!!!!

I don't see anyone blaming any refs on here really. I know some fans do. I don't blame the refs or the refereeing for any of Iowa's losses. They lost. Refereeing is a human element of the game. Good teams over come that. Iowa has MADE more FT's then 6 other teams in the B1G have EVEN attempted. Think about that. Iowa get's plenty of calls. I was just curious if this ref had been involved with any other Iowa losses....because honestly, all the loses for the most part all kind of look the same. I am not blaming the refs, more then anything just curious to look at the #'s. Fry is just bored enough to indulge me.

I think the majority of the refs are bad. The NCAA knows they’re bad. They go to the monitor countless times. They put a cute little half circle by the basket so the ref doesn’t have to worry about getting a charge call right. And then back to the monitor to verify the half circle call. The refs can’t keep up with the pace of the game. And the NCAA knows it.

I don't see anyone blaming any refs on here really. I know some fans do. I don't blame the refs or the refereeing for any of Iowa's losses. They lost. Refereeing is a human element of the game. Good teams over come that. Iowa has MADE more FT's then 6 other teams in the B1G have EVEN attempted. Think about that. Iowa get's plenty of calls. I was just curious if this ref had been involved with any other Iowa losses....because honestly, all the loses for the most part all kind of look the same. I am not blaming the refs, more then anything just curious to look at the #'s. Fry is just bored enough to indulge me.

I think it's unfair for a fan to call out a player for a bad play but not recognize bad calls by officials. Coaches, players, and officials all impact the game. The coaches and players need to only focus what they can control. All 3 are fair game for the fans.

I yell at my TV like an idiot to the point where my wife doesn't even like to be around me during games, and I have no affiliation with the team whatsoever. It makes perfect sense that coaches flip out. Officiating can cost them millions of dollars.

When my daughter, who is now in her 30's, was in middle school she had told an adult friend that she had heard my wife and I arguing late one night and was worried that we were going to divorce. (That thought has NEVER crossed my mind!) Turns out she heard me yelling at the TV about calls in a basketball game; at the time, my wife was working an odd shift and was in bed sleeping. We get a good laugh about that now.

And to be fair, even a sports fan with an above average knowledge of a sport would totally bomb even the Iowa high school officiating tests. They open book, but every time I take it I go through the test with no book to see how I did. Then if I find things I overlooked I fix them. The baseball and football test I can pass pretty easily now without the book. I don’t officiate basketball (no way in hell would I take the abuse of vicarious, long-ago peaked, loser HS parents from 6’ away) but have two coworkers who do, and they have let me try the test on screen to see how I did. If you think you know the game inside and out, good luck to you sir.

After taking real deal officiating tests, I now think twice about giving people shit for not knowing rules.

Yup exactly right and why I don’t even partake in the officiating talk and The reality is that Half the time people when someone cry’s foul there probably wasn’t one.

Yup! Guess this dates me a bit. I don’t know the age of some of the posters on HN but I do remember Hawk fans not being so anal about officiating. It’s also why I rarely interact in game basketball game threads because from the opening whistle it’s an officials crybaby fest. It’s really over the top.
I self admittedly used to be one of those people. I can thank you for breaking me free from it. :) I only point out the blatantly obvious bad calls if I ever complain.

Yup exactly right and why I don’t even partake in the officiating talk and The reality is that Half the time people when someone cry’s foul there probably wasn’t one.

You dont partake in officiating talk? Half of the posts about officials are from you.

You dont partake in officiating talk? Half of the posts about officials are from you.

Nice try PC. I’ve learned to watch BB games without paying little to no attention to officiating because it’s part of he game and sure there are bad calls they happened all around the country but they don’t rarely bother me. In the end 99.9% of all games IMO come down to coaching and the players.

Latest posts