Is there something that tracks and lists refs

I self admittedly used to be one of those people. I can thank you for breaking me free from it. :) I only point out the blatantly obvious bad calls if I ever complain.

Lmao definitely do remember those days TK. Think we’ve come a long ways from those days. I also see the obvious, but As I said below It doesn’t bother me because it is what it is and I do believe the good teams and good coaching can handle it. Iowa has lost TONS of close games under Fran because of the lack of the above.

Nice try PC. I’ve learned to watch BB games without paying little to no attention to officiating because it’s part of he game and sure there are bad calls they happened all around the country but they don’t rarely bother me. In the end 99.9% of all games IMO come down to coaching and the players.

What I meant was half of the posts about officiating is from you scolding people for talking about it. I wasnt sure if you got my lame joke so figured I'd explain it.

Lmao definitely do remember those days TK. Think we’ve come a long ways from those days. I also see the obvious, but As I said below It doesn’t bother me because it is what it is and I do believe the good teams and good coaching can handle it. Iowa has lost TONS of close games under Fran because of the lack of the above.

You say good coaches and good teams can handle it, but sometimes good teams and coaches are playing other good teams and coaches.

You dont partake in officiating talk? Half of the posts about officials are from you.

You are dead wrong! Its only 48.3%!
Anyway, some serious stuff- now that the NCAA has gone NBA allowing traveling, 3 seconds in the lane is up to about 9,10 seconds now, eliminating the 5 second rule for an offensive player to advance the ball, etc.. the only really hard call is the "charging/offensive foul" call.
So, what is the hierarchy of the refereing crew? Is there a "head ref" in charge? Can he and is he th e only one who can change a call on the floor without going to the monitor? Would it be horribly wrong to go to 4 refs instead of 3? Do refs, sometimes, withhold an obvious overturn b/c of possible fan reaction [home court, important game?]
Need answers from qualified referees out there, plz.
Side note: Ind. beat #6 Mich. St. today

So, what is the hierarchy of the refereing crew? Is there a "head ref" in charge?
Can he and is he th e only one who can change a call on the floor without going to the monitor?
Would it be horribly wrong to go to 4 refs instead of 3?
Do refs, sometimes, withhold an obvious overturn b/c of possible fan reaction [home court, important game?]
Need answers from qualified referees out there, plz.
Side note: Ind. beat #6 Mich. St. today

Yes and no. The referee only has some additional administrative responsibilities, no special power on the floor.
No, any official can and should let their partner(s) know if they have different information.
Wrong, no. Difficult, yes.
No. Too many cameras on the game.

Latest posts