is there even a remote chance

Did you say the same thing about Reilly Reiff when he committed to Iowa, switched to Nebraska, and then switched back to us? I'd say he did pretty good protecting our QB.

Good Lord, some of you are just plain stupid....and unfortunately, you can't fix stupid.

Nope. Because Reilly Reiff wasn't continually affirming his commitment to Iowa. And he wasn't quite as high-profile as Ross P. And he wasn't exactly jumping to the Flavor of the Month.

All that to say that if Saban does end up leaving Alabama, I think Cristobal could maintain that relationship enough that RP goes to Texas should Cristobal go there as well or sticks with Alabama should Cristobal stay with the Tide.

If Saban goes to Texas, that's one thing. If he takes recruits? He won't make it off the plane alive.

It's one thing to "move" b-ball recruits. Football is another story.

That's recruiting. He's Crucial. and he believes it.

wonder how crucial he'll be if he's not quite what they expected or if he gets injured.

At Iowa, he'd keep the scholly and get his degree. At Alabama, he'd be dropped to free up schollies. Saban has done it many times.

But kids have egos, and no kid ever, ever, ever believes it could happen to them.

Who really knows what triggers the decisions that an 18 year old makes? If it is the adulation that goes with being a member of the top recruiting class with the current national champion then there isn't much anyone can say or do to change someone's mind. I more or less suspect that a little narcissism is entering into the decision.

From afar and knowing the over-signing practices of Alabama it is a risky decision. Alabama does not have a national reputation as a highly ranked academic institution so maybe being a student-athlete is secondary to being an athlete-sometime-student.

RP still has some time to change his mind and whatever happens between Texas and Saban needs his evaluation in sticking with Alabama.

Riley Reiff. Commit to Iowa. Switch to Nebraska. Switch back to Iowa. Goes streaking. All American. First round draft choice. I'm sure Bob is mad that he played for Iowa though right Bob? Did not want him I assume?

That situation was a little bit different as Nebraska had coaching changes. If Saban does bolt for Texas and takes some of his staff with him then perhaps a call into the RP household would be worth while.

That situation was a little bit different as Nebraska had coaching changes. If Saban does bolt for Texas and takes some of his staff with him then perhaps a call into the RP household would be worth while.

I don't want Saban's sloppy seconds. "Oh, I heard that Lurleen is breaking up with the QB of the football team because he already has a new girlfriend. I should go talk to her to be her rebound." It never works out. Always friend zoned. DO. NOT. WANT.

I don't want Saban's sloppy seconds. "Oh, I heard that Lurleen is breaking up with the QB of the football team because he already has a new girlfriend. I should go talk to her to be her rebound." It never works out. Always friend zoned. DO. NOT. WANT.

You got fidelity issues with this? It's a freeken' lineman, not a spouse.

I don't think "Lurleen" is a real name.

I think he made it up!

angry_nice_guy.jpg

I have a feeling that the staff is going to make calls to the RP household up until signing day.

All that to say that if Saban does end up leaving Alabama, I think Cristobal could maintain that relationship enough that RP goes to Texas should Cristobal go there as well or sticks with Alabama should Cristobal stay with the Tide.

Not a chance RP would follow saban to Texas. The fans would never allow someone from eyewa to play for Texas.

Out of Tuscaloosa media (12/10) commenting on staff's recruiting visits last week..........

The staff visited top targets and visited several players already committed to Alabama.
“Coach (Mario) Cristobal told me how crucial I am to the University of Alabama and the coaching staff,â€￾ said Tide commitment Ross Pierschbacher, a Rivals100 offensive tackle from Cedar Falls, Iowa. “He couldn’t stress how excited he was about me. My family liked the visit a lot. They felt a lot more comfortable after talking to him. They are very excited and ready for me to start. They are happy knowing I will be spending a lot of time with Coach Cristobal.â€￾

It's going to be tough sledding when their OL coach is called CystalBall.

Latest posts