Is there anyone who believes Lick will still be coach next year?

BSpringsteen

Just curious if we've reached 100% consensus that he will not be the coach next year.

If you believe he will be, what is leading you to this belief beyond a gut feeling?

I think he will be back. What leads me to believe this? The fact that Barta hired Lickliter, and it is almost unheard of for an AD who made the hire to fire his hire after just 3 years.

Especially a program like Iowa where the program was not exactly running hot when Lickliter took the reigns. Was the cupboard absolutely bare? No, but it was much closer to bare than it was to full.

I think he will be back. What leads me to believe this? The fact that Barta hired Lickliter, and it is almost unheard of for an AD who made the hire to fire his hire after just 3 years.

Especially a program like Iowa where the program was not exactly running hot when Lickliter took the reigns. Was the cupboard absolutely bare? No, but it was much closer to bare than it was to full.

Lickliter assisted in making it bare. He forced out players that IMO would be able to help right now. Shame on him. Suck it up work and build relationships with those you have, get through it and build your team. No need to act like Stalin..We need someone better.

Not a chance...We haven't heard a word from Barta for several days. IF the rumors were false about Lickliter being fired AND Barta was still behind Lickliter, he would have had a press conference and announced that the rumors were false and that he as AD was firmly behind Lickliter.

All we have heard is the noise of silence from Barta, which can ONLY mean one thing. The Lickliter experiment is OVA'...

There can be no trust between Lickliter and Barta at this point or trust between Lickliter and selected players. If Lickliter stays, players have reportedly said they will transfer. If players transfer Licliter is dead in the water anyway. This would be the fourth year in a row that he would have to begin over. If the players stay and do not transfer, there will be no trust between those players and Lickliter. What then? Selected parents are unhappy with progress of the program and Lickliter?

A program just cannot have that kind of atmosphere and be successful...it is pretty simple.

Lickliter is gone, if he is not Barta will have little support left and Lickliter will even less.

There is too much excitement in the program now NOT to fire him. The majority of Hawk fans are looking forward to a new coach and a new path, not sinking deeper into oblivion the Butler way...or whatever Lickliter wants to call it.

Lickliter is gone...good riddance...as I always say, "I hope the door doesn't hit him in the butt on the way out."

Lickliter assisted in making it bare. He forced out players that IMO would be able to help right now. Shame on him. Suck it up work and build relationships with those you have, get through it and build your team. No need to act like Stalin..We need someone better.

Great, but that doesn't discredit my argument. My main argument (and answer to the posters question) was:

If you do you have to be crazy. Can't think of one positive thing about him being the coach of Iowa. Attendence down, getting blown out, boring, players leaving...etc...

He won't be back, but there will be no announcement before the completion of the Big Ten tournament. To announce during the tournament would be viewed as a breach of protocol by the conference.

This program is so fragile right now how can you say one more year. How do these coaches effectively go out and recruit future players. It doesn't make any sense to bring him back. IMO you have a lame duck coach/program. I just don't buy another year at this point, based on everything going on.

Latest posts