Is site activity down?

Fighting the good fight in multiple threads I see...you are the true champion of the message board crusaders! Please, tell us more about your omnipotent message board proclivity!

original.0

you're a fart in church, doc. you'd be wise not to take yourself--and this site--so seriously.

no offense intended

bye week kind of slowed things down ppl when get back into the groove when there is something to complain

This is always a factor. September 2012 tracked with September 2011, which trailed September 2010. Loss to CMU slowed things down a bit, and bye week is always a slow time.

I'm talking even before the bye. It seems like ever since the switch, there been a big drop in activity. The meltdowns haven't even been as classic this year after losses.

Could be a little of that with the loss of the apps. Some people who used to visit with app visit less now I would reckon, but on the whole the numbers are very, very near to what we saw in Sept of 2011.

One thing is for certain, people are active as he11 this afternoon......
I forsee a very awnry evening/night.........

Do you guys have a goto meme or gif site to find all these things you add in posts? My gosh they are legion.

Do you guys have a goto meme or gif site to find all these things you add in posts? My gosh they are legion.

Well, you gave Skorpia a great "Oh Snap!" line, and on the tv show Community, Ken Jeong plays a character named Chang, and one of his signature moves is going into elaborate "Oh Snap!" lines. So, keeping both factors in mind, I felt the need to pile on, so I GIS'd "Chang oh snap", and that gif was the first result.

you're a fart in church, doc. you'd be wise not to take yourself--and this site--so seriously.

no offense intended
Oh, ok Scorpio: I promise not to take myself so seriously. Also, I won't take this site so seriously. Is that OK? So I can do better, please explain your metaphor...thanks!

Could be a little of that with the loss of the apps. Some people who used to visit with app visit less now I would reckon, but on the whole the numbers are very, very near to what we saw in Sept of 2011.

When you say numbers are you talking page views or posts or something else?

I should have clarified I was talking about posts.

When you say numbers are you talking page views or posts or something else?

I should have clarified I was talking about posts.

Post counts could be down. Page views remain constant, and unique users for the month are higher, with the loss of the app ie fewer devices registering IP's

Well, you gave Skorpia a great "Oh Snap!" line, and on the tv show Community, Ken Jeong plays a character named Chang, and one of his signature moves is going into elaborate "Oh Snap!" lines. So, keeping both factors in mind, I felt the need to pile on, so I GIS'd "Chang oh snap", and that gif was the first result.

2151204_o.gif

Oh, ok Scorpio: I promise not to take myself so seriously. Also, I won't take this site so seriously. Is that OK? So I can do better, please explain your metaphor...thanks!

you're coming off unpleasantly, like a fott in teh church
we get that you don't care for the Chuckle Hutt stuff, you've made that abundantly clear on moar than one occasion.
if all you want is 100% dead serious "discussion" of Hawkeye football, I submit to you that you will NEVER find it, not here, not anywhere.
Jon has created THE best site for all things Hawkeye, and I don't think it's arguable. He gives people tremendous freedom to express themselves here, and sometimes folks get sideways. So be it; such behavior is inherent in the human species.
Summary: learn to accept and enjoy the moments of silliness, because overall this is the finest, most content-filled Hawkeye site on the intertoobz. HN is truly a community, full of personalities both good and bad, fun and dull, stiff and silly. Leave any ultra-lofty expectations at the door and I think you'll have a really good time 'round here. Oh, and you might just learn a few things about the Hawkeyes in the process.
:cool:

you're coming off unpleasantly, like a fott in teh church
we get that you don't care for the Chuckle Hutt stuff, you've made that abundantly clear on moar than one occasion.
if all you want is 100% dead serious "discussion" of Hawkeye football, I submit to you that you will NEVER find it, not here, not anywhere.
Jon has created THE best site for all things Hawkeye, and I don't think it's arguable. He gives people tremendous freedom to express themselves here, and sometimes folks get sideways. So be it; it's inherent in the human species.
Summary: learn to accept and enjoy the moments of silliness, because overall this is the finest, most content-filled Hawkeye site on the intertoobz. HN is truly a community, full of personalities both good and bad, fun and dull, stiff and silly. Leave any ultra-lofty expectations at the door and I think you'll have a really good time 'round here. Oh, and you might just learn a few things about the Hawkeyes in the process.
:cool:

'Merica...FUN YA.