Is Nebraska ... overrated?

I

Ian Pike Hammer

[personally, I think they're overrated every year! Bazinga!] Media picking them to win the wild West this year, but I just can't see it! I'd say 3rd place finish, maybe.

[personally, I think they're overrated every year! Bazinga!] Media picking them to win the wild West this year, but I just can't see it! I'd say 3rd place finish, maybe.
Way overrated. They’ve put all their eggs in one basket with Martinez, and good luck relying on a running quarterback to not get injured in a Big Ten season. Even if it’s not official, his body won’t take the abuse and still put out the production. Imagine it being late November after getting beat up for 11 games and having Epenesa and Golston staring you down for 65 snaps.

Maurice Washington is done, even if that shitbag Frost brings him back there’s no way he survives the Twitter shit storm that’ll be brought down on the program.

Most importantly there’s nothing about this Nebraska team that’s tangible. All of the “hype” is just Frost spouting off on homer radio shows about how great this team is. Pure lip service. Morgan’s gone, Martinez is a one-trick pony, and Washington is going to be in sex offender treatment. Show me what else Nebraska has actually proven on the field.

Scott Frost’s greatest skill is talking bullshit. All you have to do is listen to his rookie year post-game pressers to see what a rhetorical manure spreader he is, and all those inbred Nebraskan cousin-brothers eat his shit up by the mouthful.

Part of me feels sorry for them though. The only thing those lazy-eyed sand people have to keep them occupied for nine months out of the year is making mud pies and raiding their sisters’ underwear drawers. I wouldn’t be so quick to do that myself, though—with no running water or electricity, how clean can that laundry really be? I did hear that now you can get a Tracfone to work up to 15 miles from the borders of neighboring states. Lights and indoor shitting will be there before you know it.

Last edited:
Way overrated. They’ve put all their eggs in one basket with Martinez, and good luck relying on a running quarterback to not get injured in a Big Ten season. Even if it’s not official, his body won’t take the abuse and still put out the production. Imagine it being late November after getting beat up for 11 games and having Epenesa and Golston staring you down for 65 snaps.

Maurice Washington is done, even if that shitbag Frost brings him back there’s no way he survives the Twitter shit storm that’ll be brought down on the program.

Most importantly there’s nothing about this Nebraska team that’s tangible. All of the “hype” is just Frost spouting off on homer radio shows about how great this team is. Pure lip service. Morgan’s gone, Martinez is a one-trick pony, and Washington is going to be in sex offender treatment. Show me what else Nebraska has actually proven on the field.

Scott Frost’s greatest skill is talking bullshit. All you have to do is listen to his rookie year post-game pressers to see what a rhetorical manure spreader he is, and all those inbred Nebraskan cousin-brothers eat his shit up by the mouthful.

Part of me feels sorry for them though. The only thing those lazy-eyed sand people have to keep them occupied for nine months out of the year is making mud pies and raiding their sisters’ underwear drawers. I wouldn’t be so quick to do that myself, though—with no running water or electricity, how clean can that laundry really be? I did hear that now you can get a Tracfone to work up to 15 miles from the borders of neighboring states. Lights and indoor shitting will be there before you know it.
I hereby nominate this post for Rant of The Year! Kudos, good sir!

Nebraska's defense isn't that good at all. I rather doubt one year is going to change that much. We'll see if their offense can get even better, or if good defenses in the Big Ten start getting them figured out.

They've always got the annual sandhill crane migration to look forward too. If they don't mind dodging the land mines on the ground and from the sky and listening to that constant droning that sounds like the intro to a bad British synth pop song.

Nebraska is still built for the Big 12. By the end of the season they will be beat up...again. The only thing close in last year's Iowa game was the score. Iowa dominated both lines.

Nebraska reminds me of Michigan when Rich Rod was there. Rich Rod had a lot of success at West Virginia before coming to Michigan and was regarded as one of the top coaches in the country. There was a lot of hype from the national media. Colin Cowherd predicted Michigan would win a notional title in 5 years. The rest of the big ten wouldn't be able to keep up with Rich Rods high powered offense, many people said. They had a dynamic QB in Denard Robinson who was considered a Heisman candidate and labeled as the most exciting player in the country by the media.

Well, we know what happened. Michigan never had a good defense under Rich Rod and they got pushed around in the trenches by almost every team they faced. Opposing defensive coordinators figured out how to stop "shoelaces" and he never became the player everyone thought he would.

Unless Frost can build a decent defense, Nebraska will always struggle to be much more than a .500 team. If you have to outscore people to win you can beat the lesser teams, but will get your ass handed to you more often than not against quality competition. Iowa basketball fans can attest to this.

It's blind faith in 1. The Nebraska name 2. In Scott Frost's previous success at a much better suited for over night success school 3. Their QB. & 4. Their schedule on paper looks like it's attainable. Let me address the name - it's still a name. It still is to a lot of journalist. While print media is all but dead, most of their long time CFB writers are still up right. They see that WI is supposed to be "down" this year.... and no one in the their right mind (and for good reason I may add) would purposely pick Northwestern or Iowa to be that close to the CFP, so who are they gonna pick? Oh that's right, Nebraska. Nebraska has that one coach who went down to that one school in FL that every coach uses as a stepping stone job and has success rapidly. They have a good QB too? Let's pick them.

Last I knew, to win a divisional title in the power 5, you needed at least a formidable defense. That's kind of even the case in the B1G 12, let alone the B1G West. I have very little doubt that Frost is going to turn things around in Lincoln, but I will be very shocked to see it happen in the 19/20 season.

Last edited:
1342897119134_3753237.png

I hate to overgeneralize, but living with and amongst these Bugeaters, they are amazingly uncaring about all the off the field issues. They are so desperate to return to some level of relevance, they are willing to take a blind eye to a lot right now. Cheating and playing criminals takes a back seat to getting back to a Top Tier Program for these folks. I admire their will to win, if not their moral compass.

Nebbie has a championship offensive and a bottom feeding defense. They have a very favorable schedule. That usually gets you to 8 wins in a relatively weak division. That is my prediction.