Is N. Dakota St. Iowa's "Trap Game?"

EstronHawk

It kind of feels like it, and I'm sure the Bison will come in with a big chip on their shoulders. I'm a bit nervous about this one, their style is that of a typical Big 10 team like Iowa, Nebraska or Wisconsin. Plus, we are coming off a big win over "little brother," so I'm worried that the Hawks may come out flat.

Last edited:
Before season started I thought so but listening to players remarks I feel their ready to take care of business.

No it's not a trap;

9e2f32657d119c21935ac44d17513142.jpg

They like to play the same type of football as us, but we are much better at it. Plus, they don't have Wentz, and they haven't looked very good against their first two FCS opponents. I also like how we've looked so far. We usually start slow, but this season we've looked pretty in sync and not very rusty.

Yes. said so earlier this summer. But I get the feeling this team isn't going to let that happen...tough team with great leadership on both sides of the ball.

North Dakota State will be a trap game if Iowa takes them lightly. I watched NDSU's first two games. The Bison have some speed, some good linemen. But they lack depth. They are very well coached and expect that they will have a large fan presence in Iowa City.
The Bison beat Eastern Washington, who in turn beat Washington State. Granted WSU is 0-2, after losses to Boise and EW. Iowa needs to pound the ball and keep NDSU's offense off the field. NDSU can field a 300 pound line but their backups are around 280.

I think the Bison will hold Iowa to less than 40 points but lose.. Iowa 33-17.

North Dakota state is no trap game. I heard that Phil Parker said: These players have won 5 National Championships ! How many have you won?

I think Iowa comes out spitting nails. I expect this will be a higher scoring game over 50 points total scored.

I don't really believe in trap games. most Iowa linemen, linebackers, receivers and dbacks are still fighting for their starting jobs. To think they'd relax and risk getting passed up by someone else is kind of nonsense

Doesnt mean upsets can't and wont happen, but it won't be because players are looking ahead

iowa st & miami are such garbage, id say complacency is a bigger issue than a trap

I agree. I don't think Iowa is ready for a team that won't make dumb mistakes. If they get the ball first, it is quite likely that the Bison will take it down field and score first. And then, will Iowa panic?

iowa st & miami are such garbage, id say complacency is a bigger issue than a trap
You should worry about your own team being complacent since their NChamps and after all it is probably getting boring winning all those FBS games.The bison will not keep winning forever so you might as well start to learn how to be hunble and we'll help you with that very soon. Enjoy the beat down. :)

You should worry about your own team being complacent since their NChamps and after all it is probably getting boring winning all those FBS games.The bison will not keep winning forever so you might as well start to learn how to be hunble and we'll help you with that very soon. Enjoy the beat down. :)

The fact is that the Bison have shown up for all of their big end of season games. Iowa, not so much. I expect NDSU to be much tougher than what I'm hearing from most fans.

The fact is that the Bison have shown up for all of their big end of season games. Iowa, not so much. I expect NDSU to be much tougher than what I'm hearing from most fans.
Excuse me but I was giving bison man ( Casey's Pizza ) a little of their own medicine!

No it's not a trap game it doesn't even fit the definition of a trap game. Maybe if they played a good team next week, but they play Rutgers so no this game is not a trap game unless you consider their win against Iowa State big win which I don't because Iowa St. maybe the worst team Iowa plays this year.

Latest posts