Is it time to panic yet?

HaydenHawk56

Iowa has to be one of the worst teams against defending the 3 point shot. I mean it blows the mind how bad we are on defense.

There's no reason to panic when the season is already over. Eat Arby's.

Gotta agree with this. My only concern this year is tanking so bad this year it hurts future years. I don't think that will happen because we have such few scholarships to give out for the next 2 years.

I really thought the this 3 year run would be one good team, one great team, and one elite team. Turns out it will be closer to one bad team, one average team, and one good team. Pretty disappointing .

yeah, we don't have a pg starting the games and if the one we do have doesn't feel the need to play defense; particularly, when he commits a turnover and then follows that up by shooting horribly, then this will be our season.

Stick a fork in this team...it is done...

Lethargy...apathy...slow a foot...

i'm not willing to say that yet. but i think Conner needs to skip the RS and fran needs to pull the trigger on JBo to sg and conner starts at pg. period.

Yea, panic train left the station for the Caymans. No need for panic over what has been known for weeks.

Dread on the other hand? Yes; at the thought of being compelled to watch - at least a little.

Longing? Certainly; for the misery to end and the summer break to renew deluded hope for Hawkeye mens sports.

I am looking at season tickets for the Vegas Golden Knights next year...these programs are beyond one can bear...

I know a lot of people will disagree with this, but if we can't even make the NIT this season, we need to cut the cord with Franny. We have enough talent right now to be a sweet 16 team and we look like dogshit. I highly doubt Wieskamp is gonna make that huge of a difference next year as a freshman. IMO, it is obvious Fran isn't taking us anywhere. It's sad cuz I really like the guy. Great pressers with mucho info!

i'm not willing to say that yet. but i think Conner needs to skip the RS and fran needs to pull the trigger on JBo to sg and conner starts at pg. period.

Not that Moss is setting the world on fire, but Connor and JorBo are not even a good DII backcourt. Teams would lick their chops at that opportunity.

I know a lot of people will disagree with this, but if we can't even make the NIT this season, we need to cut the cord with Franny. We have enough talent right now to be a sweet 16 team and we look like dogshit. I highly doubt Wieskamp is gonna make that huge of a difference next year as a freshman. IMO, it is obvious Fran isn't taking us anywhere. It's sad cuz I really like the guy. Great pressers with mucho info!

What sweet 16 talent do we have? We have one guy that plays like sweet 16 talent. Sophomore Garza and Nunge, freshmen Wiescamp, junior Bohannon, and senior Baer might be sweet 16 talent. But this year we have sophomore Cook and that's it.

That said we are definitely playing below our talent level. I think I've seen the downside of Fran talking up his players so much. Slow starts to the season due to over confidence.

What I agree from your post with is that we do have talent this year and Fran just isn’t pushing the right buttons. I wouldn’t pull the plug after this year but the seat is getting warm (no sense in us arguing that here as we’ve been down that road). I firmly believe with the team we have if we had a coach who really stressed defense and played the best players we would be at the very least a bubble team.

What I agree from your post with is that we do have talent this year and Fran just isn’t pushing the right buttons. I wouldn’t pull the plug after this year but the seat is getting warm (no sense in us arguing that here as we’ve been down that road). I firmly believe with the team we have if we had a coach who really stressed defense and played the best players we would be at the very least a bubble team.
Yep. We can disagree on the stay or go thing, but we both see the same thing.

What sweet 16 talent do we have? We have one guy that plays like sweet 16 talent. Sophomore Garza and Nunge, freshmen Wiescamp, junior Bohannon, and senior Baer might be sweet 16 talent. But this year we have sophomore Cook and that's it.
Age doesn’t mean that much in college b-ball.

We have an elite post player in Cook. We have an elite shooter in Bohannon. We have a great glue guy in Baer. We have a secondary post in Pemsl. We have a couple wings in Moss and Dailey who can do some things. We have a lot of size with Garza and Nunge. There are coaches in the NCAA that have done more with a lot less than that.

I watch this team and literally can’t figure out what they actually do in practice. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just played knockout and 21 all week.

I watch this team and literally can’t figure out what they actually do in practice. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just played knockout and 21 all week.
There was a stretch in the first half when they would give Michigan a wide open shot and then run back down to the other end and literally just jack up the first jump shot they saw. It’s like they only care about scoring

Age doesn’t mean that much in college b-ball.

We have an elite post player in Cook. We have an elite shooter in Bohannon. We have a great glue guy in Baer. We have a secondary post in Pemsl. We have a couple wings in Moss and Dailey who can do some things. We have a lot of size with Garza and Nunge. There are coaches in the NCAA that have done more with a lot less than that.

Tell that to Marble, White, Uthoff, and Jok. Nunge and Garza are freshmen bigs. If you don't think their age matters you're crazy. I do agree that Fran is making an average team look bad. But I think that's been a rare occurrence under Fran. I know there are some that will disagree with that.

Latest posts