Is it possible?

Lionhawk

Could a recruiting group of Ogelsy, Paige and Woodbury be the Hawks next Horner, Bruner and Haluska. Great Iowa kids leading the Hawks back to the top of the Big Ten and into the national spotlight???

Could a recruiting group of Ogelsy, Paige and Woodbury be the Hawks next Horner, Bruner and Haluska. Great Iowa kids leading the Hawks back to the top of the Big Ten and into the national spotlight???

I think Iowa can lure Woodbury. Paige is obviously the big hurdle!

How sad is it to look back on those three with such longing ... you could at least go back to Woolridge/Earl/Street

Ratings-wise,the Paige/Woodbury/Gessel class is the best Iowa class since Horner/Brunner/Haluska. Paige would be the highest rated Iowa player to stay in Iowa since Ricky Davis if he committed to Iowa. Long drought...too long.

That would be a great class. Securing a comitment from Paige would do wonders for this program.

The funny thing is that I think Fran is going to get Paige. Just a gut feeling.

That would be a great class. Securing a comitment from Paige would do wonders for this program.

The funny thing is that I think Fran is going to get Paige. Just a gut feeling.

Not sure why but I feel he is going to get all three in Iowa City and it will be the start of the next big era in Iowa basketball. I think Fran's enthusiasm is infectious, his coaching staff's work ethic is tireless and after watching the new style of play this season these kids will want to be Hawks.

Throw in Basabe(Jr), Marble(Jr), Oglesby(So), May(Sr), McCabe(Jr) and Payne(Sr) along with anyone else Coach Fran can bring in for 2011 and this team looks mighty good.

Gessel isn't an Iowa boy either.

Across the river...close enough. Plays on Iowa AAU teams. Might as well be an Iowan,in my book.

Meanwhile, sounds like Fran and the staff is squiring at least one unnamed recruit around the campus today. Go get'em Fran!!

I read the OP's mention of them being "Great Iowa Kids" as ancillary ... on second reading, I can see that it was perhaps primary to his point. That said, I still have no particular warm fuzzies for the Horner/Bruner/Haluska teams.

As the the three I mentioned and them not being Iowa Boys ... Street was obviously, Acie was from the QC (Moline?), so close enough, but where was Andre from? For the life of me all I can remember is that he transferred in after a year at Nebby

Last edited:
I don't see Paige anywhere besides a National Power program. Just look at history, highly ranked, nationally recruited talent from Iowa don't stay in-state. What do Lafrentz, Hinrich, and barring injury Barnes have in common that Horner, Brunner, and Haluska don't? An NBA CAREER. If Paige's goal is to be a 1st round pick, get to the league and be successful he won't be staying in-state.

It's not a knock it's just the way it is. Ricky Davis is the exception but I don't think many schools were going to touch that.

I read the OP's mention of them being "Great Iowa Kids" as ancillary ... on second reading, I can see that it was perhaps primary to his point. That said, I still have no particular warm fuzzies for the Horner/Bruner/Haluska teams.

As the the three I mentioned and them not being Iowa Boys ... Street was obviously, Acie was from the QC (Moline?), so close enough, but where was Andre from? For the life of me all I can remember is that he transferred in after a year at Nebby

Andre was from Omaha, so that's close to Iowa boy too. I think Acie was from Peoria?

Oglesby and Woodbury...

Gesell realizes his mistake, a la Hulaska, and joins the other two in IC.

I don't see Paige anywhere besides a National Power program. Just look at history, highly ranked, nationally recruited talent from Iowa don't stay in-state. What do Lafrentz, Hinrich, and barring injury Barnes have in common that Horner, Brunner, and Haluska don't? An NBA CAREER. If Paige's goal is to be a 1st round pick, get to the league and be successful he won't be staying in-state.

It's not a knock it's just the way it is. Ricky Davis is the exception but I don't think many schools were going to touch that.

I don't agree with this premise at all. The NBA will find you if you have the talent & play the right style of ball, which I believe Fran does in a major conference. Just ask Bowen, Lohaus, Davis (your exception not granted), Gamble, Armstrong.

So Horner,Brunner and Haluska didn't play professionally?

Latest posts