Is it possible?

Give me Oliver/McCausland/Bowen or Settles.

They actually were successful in the NCAA tournament.

I won't be surprised at all if it happens, I'll be more surprised if it don't happen. Fran definitely has a plan in place.

Woodbury will be a Hawk. Paige will not be. Just the way it is. There are plenty of other great players in the state. Fran will be OK.

Woodbury will be a Hawk. Paige will not be. Just the way it is. There are plenty of other great players in the state. Fran will be OK.

Did you give Fran a call to clue him in that he should stop recruiting Paige?
Are you Paige? If so, clue us in where you are headed and when you committed. Thanks.

I don't think anyone here is implying they know for sure one way or the other about Paige just that they have strong feelings. I agree with the poster that said Frans style is exciting and personality is infectious. To me, that can make all the difference in the world and I think it will in this case.

I don't agree with this premise at all. The NBA will find you if you have the talent & play the right style of ball, which I believe Fran does in a major conference. Just ask Bowen, Lohaus, Davis (your exception not granted), Gamble, Armstrong.

well if the NBA hadn't changed immensely since the late 80's early 90's you might have a valid point.

There have been plenty of highly rated in state kids that have stayed and played at IOWA. LaFrentz was the beginning of the top rated one going out of state(in recent memory) and Collison and Hinrich decided to leave when the coaching situations were unsettled at both in state schools, and at that point, the dynamic was changed a bit, though Horner, Brunner, Haluska all stayed when it appeared the coaching was stable. As for Barnes, what wasd there in state to keep him here? Really, what? Now, there appears to be real coaches again with visions and the means to get it done, and they are catching up on building relationships and with the 2012 class far enough out, the time is available to be in the game for all these kids, and not be afterthoughts. Its way too early to write anyone off, plus, there are plenty of kids nationwide to go after and pick off a couple and import to IOWA, if Fran get his style established, it will be easier to sell his vision/goals to kids, and that will be a big positive.

OriginallyPosted by MinnHawk01
I don't agree with this premise at all. The NBA will find you if you have the talent & play the right style of ball, which I believe Fran does in a major conference. Just ask Bowen, Lohaus, Davis (your exception not granted), Gamble, Armstrong.

well if the NBA hadn't changed immensely since the late 80's early 90's you might have a valid point.

Okay, let's look at last year's first round selections...

Top 10: Two from mid-majors (Butler, Fresno State) ahead of two kids from Kansas, one from NC, three from Kentucky. Two more from major conferences with comparable success to Iowa over the years (Georgia Tech, Wake Forest).

11 - 30: Two from mid-majors (VCU, Nevada). Five from major conferences with less success than Iowa over the years (OK State, Iowa State, Clemson, Washington, Florida State).

Latest posts