Is it just me or is our schedule weak this year.

wolffey

editpost.php

08/30/14
vs. Northern Iowa
Iowa City, IA
TBA
09/06/14
vs. Ball State
Iowa City, IA
TBA
09/13/14
vs. Iowa State (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series)
Iowa City, IA
TBA
09/20/14
at Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA
TBA
09/27/14
at Purdue *
West Lafayette, IN
TBA
10/11/14
vs. Indiana (Homecoming) *
Iowa City, IA
TBA
10/18/14
at Maryland *
College Park, MD
TBA
11/01/14
vs. Northwestern (Family Weekend) *
Iowa City, IA
TBA
11/08/14
at Minnesota *
Minneapolis, MN
TBA
11/15/14
at Illinois *
Champaign, IL
TBA
11/22/14
vs. Wisconsin *
Iowa City
editpost.php
Add Nebraska before Wisconsin didn't paste well.

Last edited:
Did you just notice this? People have been talking about it being a weak schedule for weeks and weeks and how if the hawks play up to their ability they could be 9-1 or 10-0 heading into the Wisky game.

You should read that thread about the newspaper blogger from Nebraska, he says our schedule is weak.

If it was 2012, then i would say that schedule is a gut buster. If it was 2013, I'd say it looks like Iowa could go 9-3. but that 9-3 team would probably be pretty average.

For next year, if the hawks are about like they were in 2013, maybe a bit better on offense and just developing a bit slower on defense, then they could go 9-3 or 10-2.

So what it means is if Iowa takes care of things and gets off to a good start the media and everyone under the sun will point to the schedule to discredit them to what they should be ranked. And they'd have a point. If Iowa has only 1 loss with this schedule is that enough to get in the final 4?

editpost.php

08/30/14vs. Northern IowaIowa City, IATBA
09/06/14vs. Ball StateIowa City, IATBA
09/13/14vs. Iowa State (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series)Iowa City, IATBA
09/20/14at PittsburghPittsburgh, PATBA
09/27/14at Purdue *West Lafayette, INTBA
10/11/14vs. Indiana (Homecoming) *Iowa City, IATBA
10/18/14at Maryland *College Park, MDTBA
11/01/14vs. Northwestern (Family Weekend) *Iowa City, IATBA
11/08/14at Minnesota *Minneapolis, MNTBA
11/15/14at Illinois *Champaign, ILTBA
11/22/14vs. Wisconsin *Iowa City
editpost.php
Add Nebraska before Wisconsin didn't paste well.

You are right that this schedule is pretty weak.

Does this schedule even lift?

I just spent a year in Iraq sorry I am a little behind on updates and news.

No problem. My take on the schedule is that it reminds me of 2007. Team is kind of "meh" and fans get stoked when they see an "easy" schedule and then the team proceeds to go 6-6. This should be better than 2007, but I've been burned enough times to know better than to get my hopes up.

A few tests. ISU never easy win, Pitt on road, Maryland on road, NW, and Wisky all pretty solid and winable games. All in all the schedule is weak though. Remember the guy that made the thread about UNI and why play them. Who does he win Vinton school of the blind?

I get your point but I think we would be

Iowa would be Top 10 if they ran the table. There would be no respect, though, and zero shot at playing for the national title. The Big Ten, even OSU, gets no respect as it is. I remember the weeping and gnashing of teeth that was occurring when it was FSU/OSU lined up to play for the national title, and the level of glee and relief when OSU blew it in the B10 title game.

Latest posts