Is it just me or is our schedule weak this year.

Yea its definitely not impossible. Just very unlikely. I think most 1 loss teams from other conferences would get in over us. It will be pretty much a guaranteed 2 teams from the SEC every year. That would leave 2 spots open for the rest of the nation.

I think the rest of the nation is starting to catch up with the sec. I think the bias is shifting (ever so slightly). I also think the huge push to change from the BCS model was helped by the sec bias. People were just getting tired of the sec getting the benefit ALL the time because it is the sec; and thus the change. With some hope, the committee will be able to see things in different colored glasses than the ESecPN glasses.
Just one mans 2¢.

Hmmm.....

I assume you weren't left behind when the army left quite a while back so this could mean a number of things, embassy duty, civilian embassy employee, working in Iraq as a civilian, reporter, solder stationed in Kuwait next to Iraq, you’re an Iraqi, or you just blew your CIA cover.

There are still active duty in Iraq conducting training......

I think the rest of the nation is starting to catch up with the sec. I think the bias is shifting (ever so slightly). I also think the huge push to change from the BCS model was helped by the sec bias. People were just getting tired of the sec getting the benefit ALL the time because it is the sec; and thus the change. With some hope, the committee will be able to see things in different colored glasses than the ESecPN glasses.
Just one mans 2¢.

It's gotta help kill the bias when a couple of average big 12 teams move to the SEC and dominate.

editpost.php

08/30/14vs. Northern IowaIowa City, IATBA
09/06/14vs. Ball StateIowa City, IATBA
09/13/14vs. Iowa State (Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk Series)Iowa City, IATBA
09/20/14at PittsburghPittsburgh, PATBA
09/27/14at Purdue *West Lafayette, INTBA
10/11/14vs. Indiana (Homecoming) *Iowa City, IATBA
10/18/14at Maryland *College Park, MDTBA
11/01/14vs. Northwestern (Family Weekend) *Iowa City, IATBA
11/08/14at Minnesota *Minneapolis, MNTBA
11/15/14at Illinois *Champaign, ILTBA
11/22/14vs. Wisconsin *Iowa City
editpost.php
Add Nebraska before Wisconsin didn't paste well.

If the team plays pretty well, they should be favored in EVERY game and this is not expected to be an super talented Iowa team.
the only game they could be dogs in is vs NU on the road and they would be favorites if they were undefeated.

this might be the weakest schedule I can ever remember seeing. Wisky and Nebraska late, but at home.

Just one mans 2¢.

Dont think we've seen anything yet....wait until two SEC teams make the 4team playoff field.

It just won't seem like Big Ten football without Michigan, Michigan State & Ohio State on the schedule. The Hawks drop two sure losses to the Spartans & Buckeyes for Illinois, Indiana & Maryland. The Wolverines will be better than those three teams. If the Hawks don't go at least two & one against the three new teams, I'll be disappointed.

It just won't seem like Big Ten football without Michigan, Michigan State & Ohio State on the schedule. The Hawks drop two sure losses to the Spartans & Buckeyes for Illinois, Indiana & Maryland. The Wolverines will be better than those three teams. If the Hawks don't go at least two & one against the three new teams, I'll be disappointed.

Although I agree that losing some of the traditional schools is disappointing from a general fan interest standpoint. In my mind there is only one team in this league that reloads year in year out and that is OSU. Everyone else has peaks and valleys.

Just take a look at MSU and the new thinking going forward that they are perceived a sure loss. The year before their great season they were 6-6 and our 4 win team beat them. They have lost a fair amount on D so this year may not be a 100% copy of last year for them.

The "weak" schedule will be mentioned a Lot this year, especially if we win. If we we lose a couple before November, it becomes moot.

It will hurt perception, maybe. Win games, it will eventually not matter if you win enough of them

FSU had a perceived "weak" schedule last year. No, I don't think we are that good, and I don't think we'll blow teams out like they did. Just saying sometimes perception is just that...

Latest posts