Is it just me or is our schedule weak this year.

Who cares. Unless you're in the Playoffs, and I don't think anyone believes Iowa is a Top 4 team right now, then all that matters is having a good regular season record and receiving the most attractive bowl game possible. At 10-2 Iowa most likely gets a Jan 1st or a BCS (whatever the non-playoff games are called) game which means good exposure for recruiting season.

Did you just notice this? People have been talking about it being a weak schedule for weeks and weeks and how if the hawks play up to their ability they could be 9-1 or 10-0 heading into the Wisky game.

Dont you feel like a dick?

When Iowa has a schedule like this, they usually take a ****. Expect and underwhelming 6-6 or 7-5

It does happen but in 2007 we had the worst quarterbacking of the KF era.

2012 was low QB passing TD numbers, drops, and some injuries.

Tate's last year the receivers dropped a ton of passes which pushed tate to the edge, haha, wow he was excitable but a hell of a qb.

This coming year I think the receivers are better, good oline returning, enough talent along with enough players who remember 2012 to not get the fat cat attitude like 2007.

I expect no worse than 8-4. I think the hawks should win 10 of these games just looking at comparable situations from last year.

The hawks were playing great at the end of last year.

A few tests. ISU never easy win, Pitt on road, Maryland on road, NW, and Wisky all pretty solid and winable games. All in all the schedule is weak though. Remember the guy that made the thread about UNI and why play them. Who does he win Vinton school of the blind?

If we don't beat ISU this upcoming season, then Kirk will officially be dead to me. They shouldn't be able to stop anybody on defense. They had 1 DT partake in Spring drills. ONE.

I could easily see us going 7-5, or 10-2. You never know with the Hawks. We should be solid in the trenches on both sides of the ball, which I would say is the biggest indicator of success in football, but I can't wait to see Mark Weisman stretch plays and 5 yards out on 3rd down & 7. :)

We would still have to win a conference championship game even if we were undefeated at that point, to have a shot at the playoff. If we beat the east champ, we probably would deserve to get in

So what it means is if Iowa takes care of things and gets off to a good start the media and everyone under the sun will point to the schedule to discredit them to what they should be ranked. And they'd have a point. If Iowa has only 1 loss with this schedule is that enough to get in the final 4?

Iowa will never make the top 4 with one loss regardless of the schedule. At least not until the big 10 improves its reputation.

I just spent a year in Iraq sorry I am a little behind on updates and news.

Hmmm.....

I assume you weren't left behind when the army left quite a while back so this could mean a number of things, embassy duty, civilian embassy employee, working in Iraq as a civilian, reporter, solder stationed in Kuwait next to Iraq, you’re an Iraqi, or you just blew your CIA cover.

Iowa will never make the top 4 with one loss regardless of the schedule. At least not until the big 10 improves its reputation.

Depends on when the loss happened/how it happened and what happens with the rest of the college foosball landscape. It'd be less likely; but I could see an early loss, rattle off a bunch of wins, win CCG, and a possibility of top four not outside the realm.

In the unlikely event that we go undefeated and win in Indy, there’s no doubt we’d be in the playoff unless there are 3 or 4 other undeafeated power 5 teams.

Depends on when the loss happened/how it happened and what happens with the rest of the college foosball landscape. It'd be less likely; but I could see an early loss, rattle off a bunch of wins, win CCG, and a possibility of top four not outside the realm.

Yea its definitely not impossible. Just very unlikely. I think most 1 loss teams from other conferences would get in over us. It will be pretty much a guaranteed 2 teams from the SEC every year. That would leave 2 spots open for the rest of the nation.

It is pretty obvious to me that we should cancel the season. No sense to waste time competing until we get an impossibly difficult schedule.

#PlayTheScheduleYouAreDealt

Latest posts