Is Iowa State the weakest team we meet this year?

Hard to judge

The big 12 has a lot of week teams this year and so does the big twelve. I see both teams going to a bowl. I smell a cyclown. I thought he was banned to. Isu was our first cupcake.

Last edited:
I would agree that ISU is better this year, but I still don't see them going bowling. I think they could get 5 wins at the most.

This guy would argue they're our *strongest* opponent this year.....

157691232.0_standard_709.0.jpg

IL a definite LOSS??? They have played no one to date. Plenty of losses coming for them including a date at kinnick.

They have played similar competition to Iowa and have scored more and given up less. That espn fpi was really accurate last year in predicting wins / losses across the board. I'm also predicting NW to be a loss, btw, as things stand today.

They have played similar competition to Iowa and have scored more and given up less. That espn fpi was really accurate last year in predicting wins / losses across the board. I'm also predicting NW to be a loss, btw, as things stand today.

May want to think outside the numbers bud. I've got the IL game at home as a win, and one we'd better get.
by the way they have played a weak Mac and a weak fcs team. Our schedule better to date.

If ISU was in the B1G, they'd have a date to play OSU or MSU in Indy in December and I don't think either of those teams would have an answer for Lazard. We got really lucky yesterday. Really lucky.

Why is it that when we beat Iowa State, everyone disparages the quality of the win?

Iowa State, when they play Iowa, is TOUGH. Forget the rest of the season....on that day, they are always a very tough team to beat.

This was a huge win for Iowa. I also think that, barring injury, Iowa St. is going to win several more games this year. They are much improved.

This is the best answer.. ISU was the worst team we played last year. Yet they beat us at home. We are their super bowl. Their idiot coach still has his job based soley on beating Iowa. I doubt he survives this year though. It was a huge win in Lames. Glad this game is over.

Why is it that when we beat Iowa State, everyone disparages the quality of the win?

Iowa State, when they play Iowa, is TOUGH. Forget the rest of the season....on that day, they are always a very tough team to beat.

This was a huge win for Iowa. I also think that, barring injury, Iowa St. is going to win several more games this year. They are much improved.

Iowa State will not win more than two more games the rest of the season; Toledo and Kansas are their best shots. Remember they beat us last year and won only one other game all year. They are not a good team, but I don't think they are the worst team we will play this year. I will give you that the quality of the teams doesn't seem to have much to do with the outcome of the game in recent years for this series.

I thought Iowa would lose to one or the other of the ISU teams; since they took care of business with both of them as they should they have a legitimate shot at 7 wins this year now.

Iowa State isn't the worst team Iowa will face this year. They are probably one of the worst no doubt. 66 yards in 31 plays! And Iowa isn't one of the best teams they'll face either.

Iowa State has a few good players, namely Lizard, and Quentin Bundrige. If they had a decent QB they would have a chance in a lot of games. But with a roster of basically junior college talent and size, I expect that this is going to be another year where Iowa State struggles to get past 4 wins.

Iowa State isn't the worst team Iowa will face this year. They are probably one of the worst no doubt. 66 yards in 31 plays! And Iowa isn't one of the best teams they'll face either.

Iowa State has a few good players, namely Lizard, and Quentin Bundrige. If they had a decent QB they would have a chance in a lot of games. But with a roster of basically junior college talent and size, I expect that this is going to be another year where Iowa State struggles to get past 4 wins.

Don't know what The Mayor knows about college football but perhaps if the Bulls thing doesn't work out Jamie can bring him back as head coach of the football team. He certainly had a knack for attracting transfers and rehabilitating them enough to get the W's...

Iowa has a higher sagarin rating than all but one team on their schedule. The remaining opponents are ranked 56, 142, 13, 28, 30, 88, 87, 48, 85, 35. Iowa is ranked 27th. So if Iowa beats every team they are ranked higher than they go 11-1 this year. Iowa state is number 62. So 4 of the remaining opponents are lower than the clowns. http://www.sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Don't know what game some of you were watching? Best team Rhodes has had so far? Shot at going bowling?

ISU has problems on their offensive line. They aren't going to win a lot of games if they can't get their running backs over 100 yards a game. They need help at QB. Richardson is not going to get it done. He hits an occasional shot but he leaves opportunities almost every series. Defensively, they still have problems on the D line. Iowa pushed them all over the field. They got some sacks but the one I remember was from an Iowa mistake more than over powering their opposition.

Don't know what game some of you were watching? Best team Rhodes has had so far? Shot at going bowling?

ISU has problems on their offensive line. They aren't going to win a lot of games if they can't get their running backs over 100 yards a game. They need help at QB. Richardson is not going to get it done. He hits an occasional shot but he leaves opportunities almost every series. Defensively, they still have problems on the D line. Iowa pushed them all over the field. They got some sacks but the one I remember was from an Iowa mistake more than over powering their opposition.

paw says this year's ol is the 'best he's had at isu'.......

Latest posts