Is Illinois in over Iowa with a win today?

You guys who assert Iowa is not on the bubble kill me. Iowa did not have that strong of a resume coming in and this 1-6 slide has been a killer. Iowa clearly is on the bubble; the committee will not be impressed.

You guys who assert Iowa is not on the bubble kill me. Iowa did not have that strong of a resume coming in and this 1-6 slide has been a killer. Iowa clearly is on the bubble; the committee will not be impressed.

Lunardi tweeted this after the loss last night:

Too many teams below them... “@NJMoser1229: @ESPNLunardi what makes Iowa a lock? 2 good wins and a bunch of near misses but still misses.”

Lunardi tweeted this after the loss last night:

Too many teams below them... “@NJMoser1229: @ESPNLunardi what makes Iowa a lock? 2 good wins and a bunch of near misses but still misses.”

Does the selection committee look at the BPI? It considers close losses to good teams and large margins in victories.

Also, do you think Iowa's good run in the NIT last year has any impact on the committee's general feelings about the team?

Illinois won't take Iowa's spot because for that to happen, about 10 other teams would also have to rise above Iowa to make it close.

5 wins over the top 50, 4 (close) losses to teams outside the top 25. It doesn't take very much to get in anymore.

I am starting to think that come Sunday...just like the announcers were talking about how the committee punished Iowa for the weak schedule last year...they might be saying the committee punished Iowa for a total collapse...

Again and again. Just because it isn't an official criteria any longer doesn't mean the committee or individuals on the committee can not take it in to account.

If I'm on the committee and I see the big stinking one the Hawks have dropped in the last seven games, no, I don't invite them to my dance.

If I'm on the committee and I see the big stinking one the Hawks have dropped in the last seven games, no, I don't invite them to my dance.

The Gophers lost 11 of their last 16 games last year and still made the NCAA tournament based largely on of their strong schedule early in the season. They also dropped their last 3 games in a row, one to a really bad Nebraska team, one to a really bad Purdue team, and one to a so-so Illinois team in the BTT.

If you take the end of the season into account more so than the beginning of the season...then whats the point of the beginning of the season?

The Gophers lost 11 of their last 16 games last year and still made the NCAA tournament based largely on of their strong schedule early in the season. They also dropped their last 3 games in a row, one to a really bad Nebraska team, one to a really bad Purdue team, and one to a so-so Illinois team in the BTT.

If you take the end of the season into account more so than the beginning of the season...then whats the point of the beginning of the season?

I don't think the committee does...but a lot of Iowa's "accomplishments" were almost 3 months ago...since sometime in Feb the team is 4-8...and since the start of the new year they are 8-10.

That team that got this team into the big dance...is a DISTANT memory.

Phew...good thing it's last year and everything will be exactly the same.

Phew...good thing it's last year and everything will be exactly the same.

You are just silly. You say the committee COULD take it into account hot/cold teams at the end of the season, but when I show you evidence where they don't, you just dismiss them as "that was last year". Well show me recent evidence where the committee has taken a "hot" team over a whole seasons worth of work? I'll be waiting

Latest posts