Is Hill going to be our starting QB

We need something to boost our morale. Someone put together a Deacon Hill highlight video so we can reflect on the good times. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things...
Are you volunteering to watch his high school tape? That’s the only place you’ll find highlights.

I don't think Hill is leaving. Why would he? Nobody else would want him. He's gotta be self aware of that. Unless he's totally cool with dropping down a level or two. The guy is on scholly at Iowa he came here with low expectations I would think. So just being here is good enough for him. Iowa isn't going to 'force' him to leave so we're stuck with him unless he just changes his mind. Iowa could put him to the bottom of the depth chart though and that's what needs to be done.

I don't think Hill is leaving. Why would he? Nobody else would want him. He's gotta be self aware of that. Unless he's totally cool with dropping down a level or two. The guy is on scholly at Iowa he came here with low expectations I would think. So just being here is good enough for him. Iowa isn't going to 'force' him to leave so we're stuck with him unless he just changes his mind. Iowa could put him to the bottom of the depth chart though and that's what needs to be done.
One could argue that he would be an ideal emergency QB. Either third or fourth string. If a dire number of injuries occur (and our primary QB attracts injuries like a light bulb attracts moths), and the choice was between a guy with 8 starts who knows the offense, and a 18 year old kid who has been on campus for 3 months, Hill (gulp) is probably the superior choice.

Again, I think all agree that we hope Hill never takes another snap, but he can enter the game in an emergency and know how to get in and out of the huddle.

From videos of scrimmage today, it appears he has a SHIT TON more footwork to work on before he’s ready to play. Doesn’t look any more mobile or “light” on his feet as coaches mentioned would be a priority in the off season.

Last edited:
Doesn't happen often but I got this one right.
"A pat on the back is just two feet away from a kick in the pants" :D

--The late great Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

fb4f626b86aa468ae998f55f7e39899f.gif

Only explanation is that KF and Lester were using Hill to get through Spring Ball because he could learn the new offense and execute it, but he was told after that he would be at least third string going into the Fall and KF will be looking for a portal QB to compete with Marco as the back up. Something along those lines.

Available portal QB's right now.
Not reassuring that Hill is ranked as one of the best portal propects available ****
Also one of the best HS propects (.9000)
I think that speaks more to the lack of quality in the portal right now. He is ranked 13th of this list. More are in front of him than behind. Also, I suspect one thing in his favor is that he has near a whole season of starts under his belts in a major conference.

Still. He sucks.

I have a sick feeling that when McNamara goes down early on if he is able to start the year that Ferentz is going to put Hill in the starting lineup. I have not seen any promising news in the Portal and I'm not sure Ferentz Is even making an effort to find a QB. Don't have any information that supports that but I just get the uneasy feeling that Ferentz is determined to show us all that Hill is the man? Hopefully i'm wrong about this but after last year's debacle I am beginning to think Ferentz has become so stubborn and maybe bitter that it could come down to playing the worst QB I have ever seen play at Iowa (and i have seen some bad ones)

Someone in the know please tell me there is a chance we bring in an able QB in the portal or that a true Freshman could be the answer

I hate to think of Ferentz going out after a great run at Iowa by playing a QB that couldn't start at UNI and even more hate the thought of watching it

I'll bet you a billion dollars that Hill will not be the starter. In fact I'll predict that he hits the portal by the end of April

Last edited:

Latest posts