Is 5 the preferred seed for conference tourney?

I can see your point about getting in rhythm before playing the 4 seed. I'm not sure I'd want to risk losing to a 12/13 seed and adding a blemish to the resume though. Winning that game does nothing for the resume as Iowa isn't a bubble team that needs to pad wins. Getting the 4 seed means they finished the regular season well and most likely won at the Kohl Center which would be better on the resume. Because of that I think the 4 seed would be more ideal.

Damn yer logic!

No way I want to play Illinois in Chicago.

Why? Chicago has not been a college basketball town since DePaul in the 80's. The University of Illinois is not Chicago's team. They don't have one. It is more likely that the tickets sold to the public will get gobbled up by Michigan and Michigan State fans.

Why? Chicago has not been a college basketball town since DePaul in the 80's. The University of Illinois is not Chicago's team. They don't have one. It is more likely that the tickets sold to the public will get gobbled up by Michigan and Michigan State fans.

I could be wrong but I think he was referring to Illinois being a hot team just having won 3 in a row including 1 against MSU, not that it would be a tough crowd in the BTT.

I could be wrong but I think he was referring to Illinois being a hot team just having won 3 in a row including 1 against MSU, not that it would be a tough crowd in the BTT.
This. I’ve watched lots of Big 10 games. I don’t want to play Thursdsy and I don’t want to see Illinois or Penn State. Both are athletic and scrappy and improving. Give me Nebraska, Rutgers or NW.