Iowa's prize recruit having second thoughts?

When you get Hawkeye in your heart, sometimes its hard to get out. I know a kid that walked on at Iowa and could have went to Harvard for free. Thats even a bigger deal than Bama if you ask me

I don't know how someone could visit Bama and walk away saying...yeah, I think I'll go to Iowa.

I know what you mean, but some kids want to play. Consider how much playing time he will get at Alabama, versus at Iowa. Is he good enough to be a 4 year starter at Iowa? Maybe after a RS year. Doubtful at Alabama.

Other young men want to play against and with the best, and don't care about playing time. Who knows what 17 year olds are thinking.

I don't know how someone could visit Bama and walk away saying...yeah, I think I'll go to Iowa.

Ask Adam Woodberry, he may be able to provide some insight. It also looks like a pretty good decision based on how happy he is with the team.

I get what Alabama has to offer, but it's not that simple. You have to mesh with the coaches and the current members of the Alabama team. I think he has already cleared those hurdles at Iowa in a big way. Playing time is the other consideration, and he plays alot earlier here than at Alabama IMO. You have to remember, whether you can't fathom it or not, this kid has grown up thinking about becoming the next great first round NFL draft choice out of Iowa...now it's in his grasp. Playing for Iowa means something to him.

Now, if Iowa sucks on offense, and the team doesn't appear on the right track...he's in crimson one way or the other...and I don't mean ISU.

$$$$$$$$ Ferentz puts more O-Line into NFL than anybody...including multiple top 15-20 LT's making millions....Saban may win titles but Ferentz can do somethings well.

$$$$$$$$ Ferentz puts more O-Line into NFL than anybody...including multiple top 15-20 LT's making millions....Saban may win titles but Ferentz can do somethings well.

Saban puts a lot of o lineman in the league too. Had two in the first 11 picks last year alone.

It would be hard to choose Iowa over Bama at any position if you dont have some connection to Iowa. Iowa has more OL players in the NFL currently and that works in our favor but that will likely change in the next few years at the alabama machine keeps pumping out first round picks.

You ever heard of college football players getting injured? What happens to a lot of those players who choose to go to Alabama? Often times they are pushed out of their scholarships and replaced.

What happens to those players who choose to go to Iowa? Ferentz honors the committment he made to them.

That right there would be one major aspect I would put into consideration aside from simply growing up a Hawkeye. Ross doesn't know what's gonna happen. He could blow out his knee his freshman year. I know where I would rather be if something terrible like that were to occur.

I have spent some time in Alabama. Seems like a great place to win a national championship. That being said, I can't think of many places worse to live.

Comparing basketball and football is a pretty tough thing to do... It's an individual thing. What priorities does the young man have? If he grew up a Hawk fan and his has wanted to wear the tiger hawk for ever and his folks want to watch him play every home game then that in and of itself can be huge. If that's not the number one factor and other things that probably are in Alabama's favor compared to Iowa right now in terms of status of the program overall then who knows.. I would think he'd like to be a chance to start 4 at worst 3 yrs at Iowa as opposed to fighting for a job at Alabama. Nothing would be handed to him there that's for sure. Not saying things would be handed to him at Iowa but I doubt the kids he'll be fighting for reps with on the depth chart are all going to be 4 star studs like they would be there. Hope he wants to continue to be a Hawk but unless he changes his tune after visiting a couple other places it's premature for us to guess if he'll flip or not.

I have spent some time in Alabama. Seems like a great place to win a national championship. That being said, I can't think of many places worse to live.

B'ham area is not bad at all - I realize Tusc is south of B'ham, but it's very similar.

Hey, I'll help you out regarding bad places to live - I'll start with Ames - ever been there?

B'ham area is not bad at all - I realize Tusc is south of B'ham, but it's very similar.

Hey, I'll help you out regarding bad places to live - I'll start with Ames - ever been there?

I lived in Ames for 5 years and you are correct, Ames is no price, and B'ham is a really beautiful city. The culture is very different down there. Outside of the weather, we live in a paradise compared to Alabama. If you don't ever want to be cold, see some racism, and some pregnant women smoking, then Alabama is a great place. It's not for me, but everybody is different.

Latest posts