Iowa's Game against Ball State will be a Throwback Game

The last time Iowa had a throwback game was 2004, and the season ended with a Big Ten Championship.

I think this will be pretty cool. I wonder if they will wear the white uniforms that they had for the Rose Bowl even though it's a home game. There is really no better team to honor in my mind.

I read Ball State hasn't decided if they are going to participate yet. I hope so, and they get the refs, cheerleaders, etc... to follow suit.

I think this will be pretty cool. I wonder if they will wear the white uniforms that they had for the Rose Bowl even though it's a home game. There is really no better team to honor in my mind.

I read Ball State hasn't decided if they are going to participate yet. I hope so, and they get the refs, cheerleaders, etc... to follow suit.

Did Kent State wear their throwbacks in the 2004 game?

Personally speaking, I think this is something Iowa should do more often.

Yeah, Kent State did wear their throwbacks as well.

2006-08-17-topper-young.jpg

Technically yes. However it sounds like the helmets will be more of a soft gold yellow, gray facemask and no other markings (no numbers on the side, no black strip, etc.) I am kind of bummed about the lack of numbers on the side. That would have been cool.

iahawk72

Won't this be the gold helmet with numbers on the side?

Latest posts