Iowa's Game against Ball State will be a Throwback Game

Sweet. Love the throwbacks.

When are the flying bananas coming back?
TimMSU.jpg

Hopefully never.

Technically yes. However it sounds like the helmets will be more of a soft gold yellow, gray facemask and no other markings (no numbers on the side, no black strip, etc.) I am kind of bummed about the lack of numbers on the side. That would have been cool.

iahawk72

They won't really be throwbacks then. Too bad about the helmet color/numbers. Hopefully they will reconsider as this just puts a little bit of a damper on the whole thing.

Why in the world would they not do the helmets right?????? GAAA.....how stupid can they be?

I dont know if they manufacturers have the colors for those helmets...I think that was the case the last time around...and yes, I think Iowa paid for the KSU throwbacks. Iowa will sell off the throwback helmets and jerseys and it helps recoup the costs

I dont know if they manufacturers have the colors for those helmets...I think that was the case the last time around...and yes, I think Iowa paid for the KSU throwbacks. Iowa will sell off the throwback helmets and jerseys and it helps recoup the costs

They can make any color they want to. The helmet color for the '39 throwback they did is closer to the '58 than the yellow they are going to do.

I am not trying to be negative.....I love what they are doing...but it makes zero sense to not do the helmet anything even close to what it was.

I hope they don't make the players wear those single bar facemasks that sounds dangerous.

I'd be willing to endure the "flying bananas" or whatever if we'd get to watch 1995 Tim Dwight in a Hawkeye uniform again. You'd think we'd be able to get a guy as electric as that more than once a generation.

Loved to watch Tim Dwight play! Didn't he say something like, "I was going to let some da*n punter tackle me."

I think it would be neat if Iowa busted those out for a conference game, or maybe a non-con game against a higher-caliber opponent.

Not saying good or bad... but I'm wondering if Nike uses this as their opportunity to do an Iowa combat uniform, kind of like what OSU did this last fall against Michigan? I don't think I'd mind it if it was for one game that we have already designated as a throwback game and wasn't done in some crazy re-brand of our already awesome threads.

Not saying good or bad... but I'm wondering if Nike uses this as their opportunity to do an Iowa combat uniform, kind of like what OSU did this last fall against Michigan? I don't think I'd mind it if it was for one game that we have already designated as a throwback game and wasn't done in some crazy re-brand of our already awesome threads.

And just as long as we don't turn into Oregon, with their 5382 combinations of uniforms, and a different look every game.

I'm sure the players wouldn't mind Combat gear. I was pretty sure that Nike doesn't intend to keep using those insane designs for any extended amount of time (maybe with Miami and Texas, I like those unis). I thought the plan was to phase the MATERIAL in, and use whatever design the schools wanted, after Nike unveiled it with futuristic designs of course. That stuff really is cool material, players would have to love it.

Latest posts