Iowa's Big Ten Standing

NW 6-8 is tied with Iowa, up next is Michigan, @ PSU, vs OSU, then finish @ Iowa, very real chance Iowa finishes ahead of NW.
Purdue 7-7 has games against PSU @ HOME, @ Michigan, vs PSU and then on the road at Indiana
Indiana at 8-7 has North Carolina Central, @ Minnesota, and home games with MSU
and Purdue to end the regular season, lots of BB to be played but they have to win both at home AND on the road to have a chance at 5th place.
its nice to dream unlike the last 4 seasons where it was over at this time

Overall winning record would be a tremendous accomplishment for this team. There were some talking after the loss to Campbell that we would be lucky to win a B1G game. Hopefully we can get in the the NIT if we win 4 more games.

I was at that game and I cannot blame anyone for feeling that way. They played like crap in that game and all of us were looking at each other thinking "man we are in for a LONG season".

I was at that game and I cannot blame anyone for feeling that way. They played like crap in that game and all of us were looking at each other thinking "man we are in for a LONG season".

Considering what we've done in conference, how the hell did Iowa not only lose that game but get clobbered in that game?

It's an endless cycle. We win a game or two -> We have tournament conversations -> We lose two games -> tournament talk goes away -> We win a game or two -> tournament conversations come up again -> then we lose some more -> and so on and so forth.
I'm starting to think one of the lesser tournaments is possible with two more wins (CBI?).

If I had to pick I'd say Iowa finishes 1-3 mainly because we play three bottom of the conference teams and a team we have beaten before in their place. And Iowa hasn't lost 4 in a row yet this year so I will assume that they won't in the last 4 games stretch either.

It's an endless cycle. We win a game or two -> We have tournament conversations -> We lose two games -> tournament talk goes away -> We win a game or two -> tournament conversations come up again -> then we lose some more -> and so on and so forth.
That's pretty typical of a team that is below the bubble but not so bad that a postseason tourney is out of the question. Both in results and in fan expectations.

Right now, I just want to savor this win,and hope to beat Wisky...sweeping wisky would be very sweet.

I have really enjoyed these upset wins,and want to simply enjoy each win from here out if we get any,they are all icing on the cake. Would love to get the Wisky game and then Senior day win vs NW....win one for MattyG.

Safe to say Gatens isn't going for 30 again, but Marble had a really rough night shooting and McCabe was a non factor. If Basabe can keep his energy level high, Marble will have better days from the field and then it comes down to White, Oglesby and McCabe doing enough to take some of the load off Gatens' shoulders. I didn't miss Cartwright, as despite his ability to create, he is also prone to bad decisions with the ball and Oglesby has a better offensive game IMO.

I don't think Iowa wins another game this year.

buzzkill.jpg

I don't think Iowa wins another game this year.

I agree, Iowa is looking at a 14-18 finish. It is 3 games better than last season overall and 2 games better in the Big Ten. The basketball program is definitely heading in the right direction.

3-6 vs. RPI top 50.

It is amazing what 2 bad losses at home have done to this team.
Beat Campbell and Clemson and we are 16-11 and in the same position as Northwestern.

3-6 vs. RPI top 50.

It is amazing what 2 bad losses at home have done to this team.
Beat Campbell and Clemson and we are 16-11 and in the same position as Northwestern.

Or throw in 2 bad losses Iowa actually had a chance to win (Clemson/Campbell weren't close) at PSU and at home Nebraska and they are 16-11 but 8-6 in B1G instead of 6-8 - BETTER than Northwestern and Indiana.

Latest posts