Iowa Women Tie for 2nd Place

eyekwah

Iowa ended up 19-10 and 11-5 in the conference. Tied with OSU, Purdue, and MSU. They won 8 in a row.

Seem to recall some Fire Bluder threads. Lesson 101 wait for the season to end before ripping on a team and coach.

The most fun of watching the women play, all of them love to shoot. 6-4 freshmen center will shoot 3's, freshmen Dixon shoots 3's almost before the gets the ball. Freshmen Logic has triple double. They also look like they are having fun. However, have not done much in NCaa tourny.

If they could play this way all year instead of in the last month they would get better seeds and a chance to go farther in the tourney. ESPN is currently projecting them as a 9 seed playing LSU and if they get to the second round they would play Stanford. Last year's matchup I thought might be favorable. Little did I know that Gonzaga had a player that could take over the game.

If they could play this way all year instead of in the last month they would get better seeds and a chance to go farther in the tourney. ESPN is currently projecting them as a 9 seed playing LSU and if they get to the second round they would play Stanford. Last year's matchup I thought might be favorable. Little did I know that Gonzaga had a player that could take over the game.

That's the problem its a nice program but can never get past the second round where they are outclassed by better players it seems every year.

That's the problem its a nice program but can never get past the second round where they are outclassed by better players it seems every year.

Fire bluder, go to next level? I like the thought!!

Fire bluder, go to next level? I like the thought!!

Never said that, just will never be more than what they are a solid team that will get beat by the top 10-15 teams in the country year after year because of the large talent gap.

Let's not forget, also, that they had to play AT lower seeded Gonzaga. Women's basketball is not at all like men's basketball in that don't see the kinds of upsets in the women's game as you do the men's game. I think coach Bluder does a great job, but the way some people talk, her career sounds a little like Mr. Davis's which given what we've seen with the men's program is not good for the program. There is no reason for a change on the women's side of things. The only thing the women's team needs to do is avoid being a middle seed by winning more games early on. With a strong run in the BTT, this team could get a 6 or 7 seed.

Let's not forget, also, that they had to play AT lower seeded Gonzaga. Women's basketball is not at all like men's basketball in that don't see the kinds of upsets in the women's game as you do the men's game. I think coach Bluder does a great job, but the way some people talk, her career sounds a little like Mr. Davis's which given what we've seen with the men's program is not good for the program. There is no reason for a change on the women's side of things. The only thing the women's team needs to do is avoid being a middle seed by winning more games early on. With a strong run in the BTT, this team could get a 6 or 7 seed.

Iowa women got hosed last year in the NCAA tourney. Gonzaga had a great record and should of been a 3 seed. It was more about filling seats then fairness. Iowa played them much tougher then the rest of the competition did in the tournament. Iowa was a 3 seed and got screwed on that draw. They beat Rutgers the year before in the first game. Bluders recruiting is getting better every year. She has another outstanding class coming in with more size in the guard court. She has a well run team and has done well struggling with injuries every year.

Never said that, just will never be more than what they are a solid team that will get beat by the top 10-15 teams in the country year after year because of the large talent gap.

Actually they had a highly rated recruiting class last year and a few are playing as freshman.

Wow, awesome post thanks for all your contributions!

I take it you cannot read the title? If you are bored by womens basketball discussion then do not open the thread.

The lady Hawks are actually quite fun to watch. Good shooting, good defense, and a good recruiting class to boot. Sam Logic has been playing lights out since Jamie Printy went down and Melissa Dixon just had an outstanding performance at CHA Sunday afternoon.

Also hears Sunday that Iowa had the 17th best attendance record for home games this year. Not a bad deal.