Iowa Women Tie for 2nd Place

the womens tourney is a joke and a crapshoot. thats probably why no one cares about it.

id rather finish #2 in conference and lose first round instead of getting #5 in conference and winning one game.

the womens tourney is a joke and a crapshoot. thats probably why no one cares about it.

id rather finish #2 in conference and lose first round instead of getting #5 in conference and winning one game.

I like basketball. I like the mens game more but I enjoy watching the womens game too. I will be attending the womens Sweet 16 and Elite 8 at Wells Fargo this year no matter who is in it. Those teams will be pretty darn good.

Crapshoot? The #1 seeds ROUTINELY all make it to the Final Four. There typically aren't a lot in the way of upsets. That's the exact opposite of a crapshoot. The men's tournament is a crapshoot, which is why it's so exciting, and that's why we care so much more about it.

The lady Hawks are actually quite fun to watch. Good shooting, good defense, and a good recruiting class to boot. Sam Logic has been playing lights out since Jamie Printy went down and Melissa Dixon just had an outstanding performance at CHA Sunday afternoon.

Also hears Sunday that Iowa had the 17th best attendance record for home games this year. Not a bad deal.

I agree. the Hawks are fun to watch, and lisa bluder has done a great job overall. What would the men hawks had done if gatens went down? We would stink! The men's program is light year's behind the women's program, but with a couple of good recruiting classes things can change quick.

It's how AIRBHG stays on top of its game since it doesn't have off-season "OTA's"...that son of a...

That's funny! Wait a minute. . .

I had forgotten that the women were the higher seed last year.

Yeah, the arrangement of the first two rounds can stink but it puts fans in the seats to see the hometown team. I believe that Iowa City will be host site for the first two games next season.

Let's not forget, also, that they had to play AT lower seeded Gonzaga. Women's basketball is not at all like men's basketball in that don't see the kinds of upsets in the women's game as you do the men's game. I think coach Bluder does a great job, but the way some people talk, her career sounds a little like Mr. Davis's which given what we've seen with the men's program is not good for the program. There is no reason for a change on the women's side of things. The only thing the women's team needs to do is avoid being a middle seed by winning more games early on. With a strong run in the BTT, this team could get a 6 or 7 seed.

Does Bluder go out and play golf when she should be out recruiting ? That would put her in the same class as Mr. Davis.