Iowa will never get to the next level........

Aren't we better than USC this year? Wouldnt we be ahead of OSU if we win next week?
How many national titles have those schools won this past decade and how many title games have they been in all together? Go back to pumping yourself up for the Iowa St game dude. Some of us want to fry bigger fish. :rolleyes:

So how many "outright" titles should Iowa have? Should we have as many as one of the best programs in the history of college football? Should we have more? What do you want? I just want to know. After this year there will be an outright winner every year with the championship game. I expect to win 1 or 2 in the next 10 years. Anything more would be overachieving IMO.

As I said in my first response, one every ten years isn't unreasonable. Never said we should have as many as OSU.

I can't believe how dumb this post is and most of the replies to it. You won a BCS game last year and finished in the top 6 in the country. That is the next level. I can't believe this post. KF is the best thing to happen to Iowa Athletics since Hayden Fry, period. Typical greedy Iowa fans not having a clue as to how difficult it actually is to guide a program to consistent Jan. bowl games.

Iowa is one of the top 20 football programs in the country, this post is dumb.

I didn't even read your post but my question is...

Why should we give a flying **** what a cyclone fan thinks? Isn't your game still on?

As I said in my first response, one every ten years isn't unreasonable. Never said we should have as many as OSU.

Ok, i just dont think an outright title is fair at this point do to the unbalanced schedule, etc. Iowa went 8-0 and shared it, what more could they do exactly?

I think the "next level" is a relative phrase for each program. I am sure it means different things to different programs. But, I think many people thought Iowa could actually get to the National Title game this year. So, I am just guessing here, but for Iowa that would mean an outright conference title and a shot at the national title game. That is how far this program has come under Ferentz, but I am afraid this may be as far as it goes as long as the current philosophies continue unchanged.
Fair enough.

But many people changed your "could" to a "would". That expectation, helped by Miller, I thought was unreasonable. Besides, the Hawks lost their chance at a NC game with the loss to Arizona, not NW.

I think a Big10 title every 6-8 years is not unreasonable (and along with that being in the conversation of a NCG).

Not losing to NW 5 of 6 years is not unreasonable for a next level. I'm tired of losing to NW.

Holy crap, it takes an ISU fan to slap some sense into some you...

You remember when I posted the "next level" is a relative phrase depending on the program. The Cyclone poster is a Cyclone fan. The "next level" for him is for his football program to get to .500 consistently each year. So, they have no comprehension or understanding whatsover what we are going through as Iowa fans!

You remember when I posted the "next level" is a relative phrase depending on the program. The Cyclone poster is a Cyclone fan. The "next level" for him is for his football program to get to .500 consistently each year. So, they have no comprehension or understanding whatsover what we are going through as Iowa fans!

I think they look at some fans as arrogant, greedy and unappreciative.

I think they look at some fans as arrogant, greedy and unappreciative.

So what.....I could care less what ISU fans think. My concerns are with the Iowa Hawkeyes and how small changes could make them even better year in and year out.

So what.....I could care less what ISU fans think. My concerns are with the Iowa Hawkeyes and how small changes could make them even better year in and year out.

Care to elaborate? Are you saying KOK needs to go, what changes would you like to see?

I agree with the original post, but I'm not necessarily looking for Iowa to get to the next level, I would be satisfied if they just played up to their ability. Actually, I think they played more aggressively on offense today (even though they didn't execute very well) so at least they didn't play to lose. But in my view, the team has taken on KF's mindset and they are so tentative and indecisive that they don't have the necessary confidence when they need to execute. No question, that is the coaching staff's responsibility to correct, but can KF get it corrected?

Care to elaborate? Are you saying KOK needs to go, what changes would you like to see?

Little changes start at the top. I have have not, nor am I calling for any heads. I really didn't have an issue with KOK today. I did have an issue with that last week. Thought Coker should have touched the ball much more in the redzone. I want to see passion, emotion and enthusiasm. I don't want vanilla on offense or defense. I want the Hawks to be aggressive on both sides of the ball. I want them to play to win, not to play conservative so as not to loose. This team has no fire and that has to start with KF. And that is not new to this years team only. I think my original post was pretty clear on what I would like to see changed.

No we havent, but wouldnt that be the "NEXT LEVEL"? With the unbalanced schedule it is extremely hard to win it outright.

The "next level" is hard to get to and stay there for anyone. See Alabama, Texas, USC, Florida.

But, as a D.Bronco fan that finally got a championship, here we are 13 years later and it still feels good to recollect those memories and say "yeah, we won it all once" (or twice :) ). It is worth it to try to climb that mountain to the "NEXT LEVEL" just once if you have the talent and schedule and all the other intangibles. Maybe next year...doubtful, but it'd be nice.

Little changes start at the top. I have have not, nor am I calling for any heads. I really didn't have an issue with KOK today. I did have an issue with that last week. Thought Coker should have touched the ball much more in the redzone. I want to see passion, emotion and enthusiasm. I don't want vanilla on offense or defense. I want the Hawks to be aggressive on both sides of the ball. I want them to play to win, not to play conservative so as not to loose. This team has no fire and that has to start with KF. And that is not new to this years team only. I think my original post was pretty clear on what I would like to see changed.

I agree with everything except the comment about KOK.:) It is extremely disturbing and frustrating to see the lack of fire and aggression coming from KF. I am still upset about how he finished the Ohio St game last year. That could have been a decade-long statement game. You had the ball and the momentum so take it to them! Beat them in the Shoe on National TV and punch your ticket to the Rose Bowl. Strategically, why did he think we stood a better chance in overtime with Vandenberg vs.Terrell Pryor where every single play is magnified? Overtime is about scoring points and that has rarely been a KF-coached team strength. You had a chance to keep Pryor from ever seeing the field except for walking off it in defeat.

And how you can not personally be fired up or have your team fired up and ready to play as Pat Fitzgerald has made you his b**** 4 out of last 5 years is just beyond me. Hayden would have this game penciled in and twisted the knife repeatedly.

Iowa will never get to the next level........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

because of KF. He is too conservative in every aspect of his coaching philosophy. They are too vanilla and predictable on both offense and defense. You have to be aggressive in college football. You have to blitz, you have to play man. You can't just sit back in a vanilla zone defense with a four man rush and expect to stop a no huddle, spread offense.

This statement says it all for me!!

Captain Kurt just needs another raise for a bit more motivation. It helped him turn the program around in 2009 going into 2010. We can afford it... just give him another bump to get us to the next level.

So do you think we should win the Big Ten title every year?

No, but this is a year that we should have been in it till the end. Even if you believe that Iowa has to rebuild and not reload, this is a year when we had the necessary pieces in place.

Latest posts