Iowa will never get to the next level........

ForeverHawk

because of KF. He is too conservative in every aspect of his coaching philosophy. They are too vanilla and predictable on both offense and defense. You have to be aggressive in college football. You have to blitz, you have to play man. You can't just sit back in a vanilla zone defense with a four man rush and expect to stop a no huddle, spread offense.

KF is too subborn to make any changes. Whether it be in game adjustments, or changes with his coaching staff. I mean seriously, call a fricking time out when your defense is gasping for oxygen! You finally do it after NW has driving 71 yards to Iowa's 20 yard line???

Absolutely no emotion whatsoever on the sidelines out of KF. Young college kids feed off of emotion out of their head coach. That is why kids love to play for and respond to coaches like Fitzgerald, Mike Stoops and Bielema. We think they look like jerks on the sidelines, but their players love the emotion and enthusiasm and it transfers to the players on the field.

Today, when Iowa called their last time out, KF was standing outside the huddle as KOK directed the players. I understand he trusts KOK, but get in the huddle and pump your kids up.

I am very disappointed in the coaching staff this year, especially the last two games. I am not calling for KF's head and he has produced. But let's be honest, without a bunch of luck, last year would have been entirely different. Luck is not going our way this year. That is the problem with a overly conservative coaching philosophy. You have to rely too much on luck to have a good run each year.

KF needs to make some changes, or teams that have no right to even be in the game with us will continue to beat us. It is sickening!!!

seriously- iowa got out coached and out executed, and whatever your opinion.

Iowa got out executed because NW plays a more aggressive style of football. Iowa is so conservative that Persa said it is very easy to prepare for Iowa. Iowa is predictable, vanilla, they very rarely play with any emotion. They take on the persona of their head coach and it is hurting the program right now! They ONLY thing KF does with any type of emotion is chomp on his gum!!!

I agree that changes need to be made. Not necessarily the coaching but some of our philosophies. We are what we are. This is a year we should have rolled Northwestern and Indiana but we don't put teams away and play conervatively on D. If KF is happy with 8-4 seasons and an occassional 10 win season then that is where we r, but if he wants to be the best he has to drop the hammer on lesser opponents so we don't end up losing to one of them each year.

How did this argument work for the basketball program.

If you are talking about my argument, conservative play is exactly why Lickliter is not here and Fran is. I hate to say it, but KF reminds me a little of Lick. Conservative, stubborn, emotionless, etc......

Unfortunately with Iowa football, everything seems to come down to good fortune. Will we get the breaks or won't we? That's what normally separates a great season from an average season for Iowa...rather than just great play. And that kind of stuff seems to even out over time. We have seen it since Ferentz has been here. And it will continue as long as we play to the level of our competition and don't try to establish more of an attacking identity.

I like our staff, but they are frustrating.

What is the NEXT LEVEL? Do you guys remeber running Tom Davis out of town because we wanted to go to the "next level". Be careful what you wish for...

What is the NEXT LEVEL? Do you guys remeber running Tom Davis out of town because we wanted to go to the "next level". Be careful what you wish for...

The next level is not getting beat by Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, teams that are not anywhere near as talented as you. If you go 8-4 and lose to 4 solid teams that are better so be it. Arizona and Northwestern are not better than us, Wisconsin is probably a toss up.

The next level is not getting beat by Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, teams that are not anywhere near as talented as you. If you go 8-4 and lose to 4 solid teams that are better so be it. Arizona and Northwestern are not better than us, Wisconsin is probably a toss up.

So do you think we should win the Big Ten title every year?

To be fair, we didn't handle Indiana at any level close to what Wisconsin did to the Hoosiers this year.

I, for one, was ****** that Mr. Davis was chased out of town.

But thanks for trying to lump everybody together with the same ol' excuses anyways.

I'm sorry, have I been missing the fact we are winning the Big 10 Title every year. When was the last time we won it outright??? I am not sure what the next level is to be honest, but we are not there with this current conservative coaching mentality.

No, you shouldn't get beat by WORSE TEAMS every year like we do.
Or even have as many close games as we do against lesser teams. OSU blows out all their lesser opponents, we let them play with us.

Latest posts