Iowa Well-Positioned as John Waggoner Creeps Closer to Decision

Ohio State could be the spoiler

Michigan has plucked various highly rated players from the state of Iowa over the past several years. You made me think about Ohio State and I can't really think of any players they've plucked from Iowa. Are there any over the years? I'd hate to have them start raiding the top talent along with Michigan.

Michigan has plucked various highly rated players from the state of Iowa over the past several years. You made me think about Ohio State and I can't really think of any players they've plucked from Iowa. Are there any over the years? I'd hate to have them start raiding the top talent along with Michigan.
Yeah that'd suck too.. Honestly losing Waggoner wouldn't be that big of a deal other than just the optics of it. Iowa is so loaded at DE right now going forward I almost don't see the fit for him. If he was able to play outside linebacker and be a rusher at that position that'd be interesting but it sounds like he'll beef up more and want to stay at DE...

Yeah that'd suck too.. Honestly losing Waggoner wouldn't be that big of a deal other than just the optics of it. Iowa is so loaded at DE right now going forward I almost don't see the fit for him. If he was able to play outside linebacker and be a rusher at that position that'd be interesting but it sounds like he'll beef up more and want to stay at DE...

I would bet that Ohio St is loaded with more good players on the DL than Iowa is. If they can find a fit for him, Iowa should be able to as well.

I would bet that Ohio St is loaded with more good players on the DL than Iowa is. If they can find a fit for him, Iowa should be able to as well.

We have a lot of unproven DE's on the roster. Nelson and Hesse are proven; Hesse moreso, but Nelson with a lot of upside. But where will we be in 3 seasons when Waggoner is a RS FR? AJ could be gone by then. I think Waggoner is a must get.

We have a lot of unproven DE's on the roster. Nelson and Hesse are proven; Hesse moreso, but Nelson with a lot of upside. But where will we be in 3 seasons when Waggoner is a RS FR? AJ could be gone by then. I think Waggoner is a must get.
Wouldn't AJ be in his 3rd season @ Iowa?

Wouldn't AJ be in his 3rd season @ Iowa?

I'm saying that in 2020 Waggoner will be a RS SO and AJ could leave as a JR to the NFL. If my math is right. I don't think Waggoner is plug n play ready like AJ is and will need a RS and then will have some JR/SR competition, so he may not crack the starting lineup until a RS SO in 2020. If AJ leaves a year early, he'll leave after 2019.

Edit: I see what I did. I said RS/FR when I meant RS SO.

I don't know their depth chart at DE at all. But I'm not worried about theirs. I look at where Iowa is and I'm not remotely worried about losing him if that's what happens. I was way more pissed at losing Oliver Martin... And we might be arguing over nothing he hasn't said he's not coming to Iowa..

Every time KF loses a top Iowa recruit...it is a bad story...doesn't matter the position...not that many of them.

Need to get the big dogs to stay home...

Latest posts