Iowa Well-Positioned as John Waggoner Creeps Closer to Decision

Iowa has an advantage in coaching stability...Kirk will be here for 20 more years...with "Little Kirks" being groomed to take over the "system."

Like "Kirk Ball"...come to Iowa

Plus...no thick playbook to worry about...

What would truly suck is if he would commit to ISUx ;)
That would suck. But I'll go out on a limb and say he won't end up there... I think Iowa is well positioned with him. Way more confident in that he'll end up a Hawk than I ever was about Oliver Martin anyway.
Our front 7 the next few years should be scary good...

I just found out the other day that my wife plays tennis with his mom. I'm trying to convince my wife to tell his mom to push him towards Iowa. So far she isn't agreeable.

I just found out the other day that my wife plays tennis with his mom. I'm trying to convince my wife to tell his mom to push him towards Iowa. So far she isn't agreeable.
I would divorce her immediately!
But seriously, I bet mom would like to see him stay in state. Most moms would, I think. But I'm pretty sure she will let him choose.

Waggoner would be a great get for Iowa. Dominant defensive lines create all kinds of havoc for opponents.

FWIW... I've talked to two different parents now who are family friends of the Waggoner's (they have kids that go to school with him) and they both told me they thought he'd end up going out of state. This was at least two months ago though. Rob's report sure makes it seem like he's still very much considering Iowa. I hope that's the case.
Fact Check: True.
Everything I'm hearing is Ohio St.

Fact Check: True.
Everything I'm hearing is Ohio St.
That'd suck if true... That said if you look at Iowa's DE position this has to be as about as stacked as it's ever been. The next 3-4 yrs that position is in great shape with or without Waggoner. Losing him wouldn't be as bad as losing Oliver was if only that Iowa had such a glaring need for Oliver and they slow played offering him... Waggoner would be just a rich getting richer type of deal that'd be great problem to have as far as how do you use him and how soon might he make an impact.

Read one report very recently that indicated he may not be making a decision in July (as some have indicated) if he still is uncertain of his choice.

One of the Buckeye recruiting analysts put him in the Hawk win column within the last two weeks. I still think ND can be a factor even if they come in later in the season with an offer.

That'd suck if true... That said if you look at Iowa's DE position this has to be as about as stacked as it's ever been. The next 3-4 yrs that position is in great shape with or without Waggoner. Losing him wouldn't be as bad as losing Oliver was if only that Iowa had such a glaring need for Oliver and they slow played offering him... Waggoner would be just a rich getting richer type of deal that'd be great problem to have as far as how do you use him and how soon might he make an impact.
True, but I'd love to have that problem. Now, if ND offers they would move to the top of the line and all bets are off.

True, but I'd love to have that problem. Now, if ND offers they would move to the top of the line and all bets are off.
What's NDs deal ya think? Do they like some other DEs more that they have offers currently out to? I have no clue how their depth chart going forward looks. I just find it hard to believe with Waggoners pedigree that ND may not have an interest in him if there's interest from his side of possibly wanting to go there.

Yeah...we have alot of DEs, but there is always room for one more IMO. I think AJ ends up inside at some point. He's 270 before he gets to Iowa...a year with Doyle puts him at 290...the kid is still growing. I like our chances here...with Waggoner. The top Iowa kids want to play for Iowa, unless they are a receiver who wants touches.

Latest posts