Iowa Watching Cezar Guerrero

Josh Crawford is from Long Beach. He signed with Iowa for the 06 season and went on to play at Indiana State.

Josh Rhodes is from Santa Cruz and was in the 02 class. He was a top 100 kid that showed up, played some PTL ball and quit the team. He was nominated for Mr Basketball in CA along with a kid named Guy Ten Fingers from Modesto. I kid you not.

How can anyone forget about Doug Thomas? California product right there.

Yep good call right there, however he did come the JUCO route too though. Last Cali High School Player we actually recruited, came here and actually played a game for us was??? Moses? This Cezar kid would just be a huge get seems like and open some doors that haven't been real open in the past perhaps? Anyone know if when Dillard worked the Nike camps if he was primarily out west for his duties or all over the country? Wondering if he has some contacts out west.

Josh Crawford is from Long Beach. He signed with Iowa for the 06 season and went on to play at Indiana State.

Josh Rhodes is from Santa Cruz and was in the 02 class. He was a top 100 kid that showed up, played some PTL ball and quit the team. He was nominated for Mr Basketball in CA along with a kid named Guy Ten Fingers from Modesto. I kid you not.

Good info, Thanks!

Carfino and Moses were the two best from there. It would be great if Fran can land one these point guards

Yep good call right there, however he did come the JUCO route too though. Last Cali High School Player we actually recruited, came here and actually played a game for us was??? Moses? This Cezar kid would just be a huge get seems like and open some doors that haven't been real open in the past perhaps? Anyone know if when Dillard worked the Nike camps if he was primarily out west for his duties or all over the country? Wondering if he has some contacts out west.
Alford recruited him out of high school, he didn't make the grades, so Iowa shipped him to a JUCO (a la Erik Hansen) and then got him back when his academics were up.

Josh Crawford was recruited out of high school and played for Iowa (very sparingly of course).

Those are the last two, before Cartwright.

Alford recruited him out of high school, he didn't make the grades, so Iowa shipped him to a JUCO (a la Erik Hansen) and then got him back when his academics were up.

Josh Crawford was recruited out of high school and played for Iowa (very sparingly of course).

Those are the last two, before Cartwright.

I don't think Crawford ever played in a game at Iowa.

Iowa is no longer in the running for Guerrero. Kansas and OK State have offered. Iowa can't compete with these two schools. Better programs, better talent.

We still are in the running for some other PGs though that we don't have to really compete for. Under the radar guys that we have a better shot at.

Iowa is no longer in the running for Guerrero. Kansas and OK State have offered. Iowa can't compete with these two schools. Better programs, better talent.

We still are in the running for some other PGs though that we don't have to really compete for. Under the radar guys that we have a better shot at.

So, let me get this straight. He has said we're no longer in the running, or that's just your completely unfounded assumption based upon the fact that these other schools have also offered??

Based upon you previously ridiculous posts, I'm guessing it's the latter.

Oh, and by the way, I fail to see how Ok St is a vastly superior program to Iowa's at the moment. I believe they have had issues recently as well.

Per rivals headline, it would appear that Guerrero is visiting Iowa next weekend? He must just be coming into the state to check out Living History Farms and the Field of Dreams.

I'm sorry, I was wrong about OK State but they have been a much better program last few years. But I just don't think we stand a chance with this kid against Kansas. It would be HUGE to grab him but if you are a top PG do you choose Kansas (continually a title contender) or Iowa (occasionally a CBI participant)? That is why Fran's job is so tough. He's going to have to get guys like this in order to turn it around but going up against Kansas isn't what he needs. Luckily, he's from the west coast so he may not know much about Iowa (and that is a good thing).

I'm sorry, I was wrong about OK State but they have been a much better program last few years. But I just don't think we stand a chance with this kid against Kansas. It would be HUGE to grab him but if you are a top PG do you choose Kansas (continually a title contender) or Iowa (occasionally a CBI participant)? That is why Fran's job is so tough. He's going to have to get guys like this in order to turn it around but going up against Kansas isn't what he needs. Luckily, he's from the west coast so he may not know much about Iowa (and that is a good thing).

You obviously have no leadership skills. Good leaders don't back down from challenges. Iowa use to be able to battle players for Kansas, grant it, it's been a while, but Iowa can get good talent to come back to Iowa City.

More evidence for everyone that you are a freakin' idiot.

Latest posts