Iowa vs UMKC Game Thread

Iowa is also rebounding the ball very well. They are forcing a lot of bad shots by UMKC, and not letting them get many second chances. The off-season focus on defense is definitely paying off.

Iowa played great team defense in the first half, Joe Wieskamp has hit 4 3 pointers, and Iowa’s aggressive offense is earning them a lot of free throws.

Iowa leads 34-26 at halftime.

LMAO!!! You couldn’t be more wrong Homer!! Especially when UMKC missed a ton of wide open shots. Lol

This guy has the worst TV voice my ears have ever witnessed. I don't care what country he grew up in, that sounds is not pleasant.

I don’t think there’s any reason to panic over sloppy play on the first half of the season. The spread is 24, I imagine Iowa will easily cover it, but there’s no denying they didn’t look sharp

Better effort tonight so far. Weiskamp is the goods. He isn't all conference yet, but you never know once that confidence bug bites. He moves really well even at the college level. He has the ceiling of a blue chip recruit. He will need a little time to adjust, but I bet by the end of the season he will be in the conversation for best player on the team.

Our upperclassmen look sloppy. I can forgive JBo with the bum foot, but Cook, Baer, Moss and Pemsel are not looking polished yet. That's a slight disappointment, but I will give it time iron out before anger kicks in.

Defense is a marginal improvement. Considering the competition though you can't get too excited yet. There still seems to be a high level of confusion with the sub group on defense. That needs to be remedied or the rotation needs to go way down. I say it even while I know it wont happen.

Better effort tonight so far. Weiskamp is the goods. He isn't all conference yet, but you never know once that confidence bug bites. He moves really well even at the college level. He has the ceiling of a blue chip recruit. He will need a little time to adjust, but I bet by the end of the season he will be in the conversation for best player on the team.

Our upperclassmen look sloppy. I can forgive JBo with the bum foot, but Cook, Baer, Moss and Pemsel are not looking polished yet. That's a slight disappointment, but I will give it time iron out before anger kicks in.

Defense is a marginal improvement. Considering the competition though you can't get too excited yet. There still seems to be a high level of confusion with the sub group on defense. That needs to be remedied or the rotation needs to go way down. I say it even while I know it wont happen.

JoeW is the bright spot. He is ready to play.....

Latest posts