Iowa vs. UI game thread

Really? You don't call 1 for 14 from the field choking, especially if he's getting great looks like you say? You must have miserably low standards and expectations.

I wouldn't say he was getting great looks. I would say he was guarded very well by one of the best defenders in college basketball in Oladipo. Marble was forcing it, but he did get to the line 12 times making 11 of them. He shot poorly, but I would not call it choking.

Really? You don't call 1 for 14 from the field choking, especially if he's getting great looks like you say? You must have miserably low standards and expectations.

Choking is more of in crunch times situations when he's had a good game already, but can't ever get over the hump, not a whole game. You know, LeBron James is the 4th qtr before winning a title. It was so bad that he started passing up shots. Marble had a off day, he didn't choke.

Really? What has shown us to believe this? Iowa is now worst 3 point shooting team in Big Ten. Amongst worst in country. Until we get better at the 3 ball we are NIT program at best.

Fire Fran, right? Calm down. This team is going to have its ups and downs. And for as bad as they were today, they were still in the game vs the No. 5 team in the country.

Marble was forcing it, but he did get to the line 12 times making 11 of them. He shot poorly, but I would not call it choking.
This is right on. Marble was forcing it. He'll having better shootings nights BUT he needs to realize when he has an off night to pass the ball a little more.

Dammit. Thought they might pull that one out today.

Still, that's the roller coaster we'll have to ride this year with a young team on a rebuilding program.

This is right on. Marble was forcing it. He'll having better shootings nights BUT he needs to realize when he has an off night to pass the ball a little more.

pass to whom?

gesell and woodbury are still learning

clemmons is very limited offensively

white can only get so far on hustle and guile

apart from ogs -if his shot is falling -- the bench is really, really limited

this team, this year, needs good nights from marble

Last edited:
this team, this year, needs good nights from marble
I'm not disagreeing one bit. However, RDM needs to realize that forcing shots isn't going to help the team. With more ball movement, it should free him and others up more for better shots. I don't think he'll have another shooting night like this but he has been forcing his shots lately. After he two game scoring outburst against UNI and South Carolina State, he was forcing shots against Coppin State.

RDM's free throw shooting has been great this year. He has been getting to the line and hitting 'em.

Josh should not be on the floor at any key moment of any game, he is a poor mans Kent Mac, who can't defend or shoot the 3. IMO, he should only be in the game when other players need a breather. Not to rag on the kid, but he just doesn't have what it takes to play BIG Ten Ball.

Josh should not be on the floor at any key moment of any game, he is a poor mans Kent Mac, who can't defend or shoot the 3. IMO, he should only be in the game when other players need a breather. Not to rag on the kid, but he just doesn't have what it takes to play BIG Ten Ball.

He's defended pretty well so far this year. And he nailed a 3 at a huge spot tonight, plus another to give Iowa the slimmest of slim chances to tie it up. People keep ragging on him because of what he was last year (can't defend, can't hit a three when it actually means something). McCabe is the guy who has not been playing well (really hope he can turn things around).

He's defended pretty well so far this year. And he nailed a 3 at a huge spot tonight, plus another to give Iowa the slimmest of slim chances to tie it up. People keep ragging on him because of what he was last year (can't defend, can't hit a three when it actually means something). McCabe is the guy who has not been playing well (really hope he can turn things around).

The thing is he is supposed to be the go to guy for the three and if he doesn't hit what does it profit to have him on the floor?

Strange thing here...

I was cruising the Illinois board, and apparently they are really mad at the announcers for being too "pro-Hoosier". It really struck me as odd, as I can't recall any Iowa fans complaining about it, because if they did, I would ridicule them mercilessly.

Scout.com: dan dakich

It seems like people confuse forcing a shot with creating a shot. Marble is the first hawk in awhile that can create his own shot. We weren't going to find better shots tonight then the ones Marble was creating. It was just unfortunate that he was miasing them. I don't think 14 shots was to many for him tonight.

Cmon Jack.... what's you're opinion on Marble's shot seclection today

P***poor, he was covered very well and obviously didn't shoot or choose his shots in an acceptable manner, T.....

None the less, we played well and came close, while in the meantime proved we can play with the elite programs. It remains to be seen how we do the rest of the season. Overall I was proud of the way we played. We are no longer the patsies of the Big Ten.....

:)

Latest posts