Iowa vs. UI game thread

Indiana got Waaaaay more than they expected. Darn it. Hawks are scrappy and i love it. Just not enough shots fell

We showed our youth today and Fran make some very poor choices at the end of that game. Specifically not calling a timeout after the turnover..

Overall Iowa played well but that was a very winnable game..

Remember when people talked about Marble going pro after this season. LOL! He can do it against Coppin State and South Carolina St but chokes on the big stage.

You mean like against Oregon last year? It's one bad game, relax. Most reasonable people understand Marble will not be going to the NBA after this year if at all.

Indiana got Waaaaay more than they expected. Darn it. Hawks are scrappy and i love it. Just not enough shots fell

No doubt! Actually more disappointed in the missed opportunity than happy about the moral victory - that's a perspective we couldn't claim much in recent years.

Too bad RDM was so cold, Clemons was a bit star-struck and AW was so soft after the first 5 minutes. Nonetheless, many encouraging signs and many opportunities to beat lesser, upper-tier teams as long as the effort remains.

Remember when people talked about Marble going pro after this season. LOL! He can do it against Coppin State and South Carolina St but chokes on the big stage.

chokes? Really? I saw a guy that got a lot of great looks, just had an off shooting night. He got to the FT line and converted. Choke is more of what I'd call your post.

There are about 5 other players I'd rather see take those shots at the end than McCabe. We should've called a timeout and gone inside or drew something up to Oglesby after the turnover.

Can not wait to see this team at the end of the year and more importantly.... next year or the year after! This team will be very good!

Much cleaner second half. Three point shooting will improve. Marble won't be that off again. Really excited for the rest of the season.

Really? What has shown us to believe this? Iowa is now worst 3 point shooting team in Big Ten. Amongst worst in country. Until we get better at the 3 ball we are NIT program at best.

chokes? Really? I saw a guy that got a lot of great looks, just had an off shooting night. He got to the FT line and converted. Choke is more of what I'd call your post.
Really? You don't call 1 for 14 from the field choking, especially if he's getting great looks like you say? You must have miserably low standards and expectations.

Really? What has shown us to believe this? Iowa is now worst 3 point shooting team in Big Ten. Amongst worst in country. Until we get better at the 3 ball we are NIT program at best.

Any how many people thought anything different to start the year? An NCAA bid would be a bonus.

Nothing to be ashamed of, we fought hard and simply had too many first half turnovers, and were somewhat cold shooting. However we played well overall and had a legitimate chance to tie the game.
We are growing up and this game proved it......

We are a step away and closing quickly.....

Latest posts