Iowa vs Texas Pan-American Game Thread

I didn't realize how bad our non-conference was until I looked at Kenpom today. Oh well, at least we'll get to see some wins.

Wow... is it just me, or does our third team look better than our starters under Lick? Not saying this to bring "that" up again, but rather to marvel at just how far we've come.

Wow... is it just me, or does our third team look better than our starters under Lick? Not saying this to bring "that" up again, but rather to marvel at just how far we've come.

The second team is definitely better. Of course one of them would be playing on both sides, but...

Dont be stupid. Whats gonna hurt our chances is if we only play our studs 21-24 minutes. It'll work against competition like tonight. But will never work against the BIG boys. I hope that does not continue. Guys like Marble, White, and maybe Gessel need to play 28+.

Those guys will all play more when the games get tighter. But in games like last night, there's little reason to gas them by playing 30 minutes or more.

While the competition is at the level it currently is, I like the current rotation. For one thing, it gets Clemmons valuable minutes. The offense gets pretty stagnant when he's running the show right now. The more minutes Fran can get him right now, (hopefully) the better he'll perform in the conference schedule. You could say that for several guys, but I think Clemmons is the most important. Gesell can't be on the floor all night, not at the pace they're currently playing. And he can't be the only point guard who can run the show effectively (Marble doesn't count, since he's also in the first five and the same rules apply to him, too. They need someone off the bench who can do the job.).

RDM is having a horrible shooting night against a bad defense...

Okay, this is going to sound weird, but it might not be that bad a thing. On this team, every player, except MG, needs to just let the game come to him. As Dev sees that HE doesn't have to replace Gatens, he will settle into doing what he does best. The Hawks need him to be a Rudy Gay type, not a Kobe or DWade, on a game by game basis, unless he is just feeling it one night, then fire away.

Okay, this is going to sound weird, but it might not be that bad a thing. On this team, every player, except MG, needs to just let the game come to him. As Dev sees that HE doesn't have to replace Gatens, he will settle into doing what he does best. The Hawks need him to be a Rudy Gay type, not a Kobe or DWade, on a game by game basis, unless he is just feeling it one night, then fire away.

This makes no sense. Rudy Gay shouldn't shoot 30% against this group of guys they pulled out of the fieldhouse.

This makes no sense. Rudy Gay shouldn't shoot 30% against this group of guys they pulled out of the fieldhouse.

Marble is going to be shooting those same floaters all season long regardless of competition. It doesn't make that shot easier because the competition is weak. You might get more of them but they are not easier to make.

Latest posts