Iowa vs Tennessee Predictions

Umm? what happened to UMASS? you skipped a game.

Offensively Iowa is better than Tenn, by far. Well the Iowa from January. Iowa can beat Tenn and they can beat Umass if they have hit the reset button. If not, Tenn will beat Iowa by 10+. Duke in rd2 tough draw although all games past rd 1 are tough.

Congrats on making the tourney.

If we get by Tennessee..UMASS will have 1 day to fully prepare for a deep, pi$$ed off team that may be ready to prove a lot of doubters wrong. But hell..we could be the same team we have seen lately and get owned by Tennessee. We will see I suppose.

Congrats to you as well.

IA never really lost to anyone by double digits unless the second game against MSU counts if Basabe didn't hit the 3 in the last second. So, if IA loses, they won't be blown out. I think IA wins, I like a blow out like against UTEP, but a win is good enough. Go Hawks!

Iowa can play well, but still lose.

In the words of Fred Hoiberg, after his team beat the Hawkeyes on December 13, 2013:

"I honestly have no idea how we won that game. I look at the box score and they crushed us on the glass and they beat us in transition."

you would play Duke in your 3rd rd or Duke's 2nd rd. Duke would not be a good match up for Iowa..at all.

you obviously didn't listen to the Hawks last game...the announcers said we can beat anyone and that Duke was "close" to having the same talent we do...

Iowa can play well, but still lose.

In the words of Fred Hoiberg, after his team beat the Hawkeyes on December 13, 2013:

"I honestly have no idea how we won that game. I look at the box score and they crushed us on the glass and they beat us in transition."

that seems like a whole season ago, I hope like hell that team returns on Wed.

2, 19, 31, 33, 46. powerball 9........probably more accurate then picking the winner of this game. I had us winning all but one or two our last seven games........shows what I know. I am hoping for the best. I do think the guys will have fresh legs which should help us some what. I could not believe how dead they looked against North Western. One thing is for sure and that is they won't be over looking Tennessee.

I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to Hawkeye sports, but if this game is within 10, I'll be completely floored.

Tennessee has been putting it on people down the stretch. Iowa...not so much. A mental state analogy:

Iowa = pasty overweight white guy with water wings on treading water just offshore (with an open wound on his shin)
Tennessee = great white shark. It's feedin' time.

As bad as Iowa has been playing I can't pick them to win. But, our biggest loss is by 10 at a damn good MSU team.

We'll compete.

So I'll say 69-63 Vols.

Here's a positive.

Iowa has beaten 4 teams that are in the field of 68, with one of them being a play-in team.

Tennessee has beaten 2 teams that are in the field of 68, with one of them being a play-in team.

Iowa could've rolled these chumps 6 weeks ago. Now I just get the feeling the team doesn't give 2 *****. This breaks my heart to say but, UT easily. :(:(

The season starts over Wednesday night and we see the new-Iowa Hawkeyes! (or maybe the old ones?.) Hawks by 12.

Consensus says Hawks lose and I have to agree - Tenn 74 Iowa 67. Tennessee's second half adjustments will prove to be the difference.

Also find all the guys on Tennessee's roster that have either never made a 3 pointer or shoot like 17% from beyond the arc. Those will be the guys who torch the Hawks.

Consensus says Hawks lose and I have to agree - Tenn 74 Iowa 67. Tennessee's second half adjustments will prove to be the difference.

Also find all the guys on Tennessee's roster that have either never made a 3 pointer or shoot like 17% from beyond the arc. Those will be the guys who torch the Hawks.

Look for the team manager who has one leg shorter than the other and his arm in a cast. That's the guy that will light us up something like 8/11 from 3pt land.

I've been a betting man before..and all signs would point to Tennessee right now. But as I learned in my short stint of gambling, you don't always get what looks like the obvious choice. The Hawks are going to win because everyone will be doubting us. Devyn is going to go nuts with this being possibly his last game. Getting out of the Big Ten Conference will be a sigh of relief and before we know it all this fuss/negativity will be a thing of the past and we'll be going nuts on Sunday vs Duke!!!
So do we get a thursday/friday bye if we win the play in?

Latest posts